Source cv cable help

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Russell productions

Source cv cable help

Post by Russell productions » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:37 pm

Hi I just got my first Moog synth the source love the sound but I cant seem to figure out how to wire up the cv inputs as they are both in and out versus seprate jacks for input and output. Also is there any place that sells the cables.BTW great forum.Thanks

mr.obvious

Post by mr.obvious » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:15 pm

It's best to use a Y cable with a TRS plug (stereo) on one end and 2 separate TS (mono) plugs on the others. You can send and receive CV from 1 cable.

You can also use a standard instrument cable and put it either all the way in or part of the way in depending on if you want to send or receive.

The really cool thing about the Source is that is sends ALL of it's CV information (pitch, modulation, S/H). I can't remeber if it sends glide or not... but it probably does as well.

mr.obvious

Post by mr.obvious » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:18 pm

oh, I forgot to mention, if your Source is receiving CV and you don't have S-Trigger to trigger the gate you can simply hold down a key on the Source. The keyboard CV affect the pitch though. I think you'll want to hold down a C if you want it to play in tune with others... There might be an easier way around this, others should feel free to chime in about that.

industrial_gypsy

Post by industrial_gypsy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:55 pm

I'll contribute the old Voltage trigger to S-trigger conversion cable, just in case it's of any use in this case. not sure if the source had a Cynch Jones connector or a standard jack, either way connections are similar. :)

gd

Post by gd » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:37 am

welcome to the forum Erik, lots of great advice and info here.
Mini D, P'08 ..