Little Phatty Registration Site?

Everything Phatty.
eric coleridge

Little Phatty Registration Site?

Post by eric coleridge » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:57 pm

Now that the LP is being shipped, someone could start a registration site (like the "Lords of the Mini" MiniMoog registration site) to track these instruments from the very start. This would be a great resource to trace each instrument over the course of their lifetime, like no other synth has been before (except maybe the Voyager?). That way, if they ever change hands, there'll be a resource to document where they've been over their entire history. Good idea?
I was just thinking about this as someone who plays vintage synths and would often like to know how many people have played/owned the instrument before it came into my hands.

Modularfan

Re: Little Phatty Registration Site?

Post by Modularfan » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:45 am

eric coleridge wrote:Now that the LP is being shipped, someone could start a registration site (like the "Lords of the Mini" MiniMoog registration site) to track these instruments from the very start. This would be a great resource to trace each instrument over the course of their lifetime, like no other synth has been before (except maybe the Voyager?). That way, if they ever change hands, there'll be a resource to document where they've been over their entire history. Good idea?
I was just thinking about this as someone who plays vintage synths and would often like to know how many people have played/owned the instrument before it came into my hands.
There already is a site - Phatsound. The site was started back in April by GregAE. It supoosed to be like the Voyager SquareWave site - Phatty owners can post patches, thoughts, ideas, etc. for sharing.

Seems like a good place for people to post their LP S/N as well.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/phatsound/

- MF