Voyager SOLAR panel lights not working!!!

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Keyboard Komuso

Voyager SOLAR panel lights not working!!!

Post by Keyboard Komuso » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:10 am

Greetings all. Just recieved my new Voyager SOLAR last night. My heart was all a flutter as I set it up, powered up and....what the! The panel lights are DEAD! What's a SOLAR without the warm orange glow?!!!! Does nobody check these before they go out the door! You pay enough for them! I hate to send it back, as lord knows when I'll see it again. I could exchange it for a new one. NOVA MUSIK is great to deal with. But I really like the wood on this beauty. I've owned a Voyager before and seen a few where the wood was not as nice as on others. The Cherry used on this was is exquisite! Anyone have any experience with this? I'm thinking/hoping it may just be a simple loose wire? or don't mess with it. Send it back for a new one and hope for as nice a piece of wood. Suggestions are appreciated!

Keyboard Komuso

Post by Keyboard Komuso » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:13 am

Forgot to mention, I did try the obvoius, being the knob on the right above high C which is SUPPOSED to control the light panel. Is there an on/off switch for the lights that I am missing other than the fader knob?

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:25 pm

You say the solar panel isn't working; but I thought these things were mains-powered? ;)

Moog makes the Solar as well, so it would be in safe hands. I wouldn't risk getting another unless you can choose the actual replacement and its wood finish.

synthpimp

Post by synthpimp » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:00 pm

I had the same experience with my RME. I opened her up and found a loose connection in the backlight wiring.