feature surprise a la moog

Everything Phatty.
martin

Post by martin » Tue May 09, 2006 8:49 am

wow, this is turning into a huge wishlist. i think they should keep it simple and plain and as lovable as it is without cramming more stuff in.

godzilla

Post by godzilla » Tue May 09, 2006 12:52 pm

see my latest post in the "if you could change one thing" thread.

i so wished it was like that.

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Tue May 09, 2006 1:52 pm

Jazzpunk wrote:What do you mean? Do you think one of them will have additional features that the other does not (I thought the differences were going to be mainly cosmetic to get the price down).
I don't think that functionally they will be different, but the stage version will not be as "pretty". That "prettyness" is not worth an extra $400 to me as the LP stands now, but if they add some features that I like, I would spend the money in a heartbeat. I guess that I am basing it on what I am willing to spend for what the unit does.

LOVE the look of the LP Tribute, but it is hard for me to spend the extra cash vs the Stage for something that has fewer features than a MEK. Add S&H and a sequencer and now I am willing to spend the extra cash to get the look and the features.
Thanks Bob!!

Jazzpunk

Post by Jazzpunk » Tue May 09, 2006 5:43 pm

Features aside, what about the sound? Personally, I don't care for the MEK. That's just me though.

Nick Montoya

Post by Nick Montoya » Tue May 09, 2006 5:53 pm

rachel wrote:How about a decent arpeggiator and a "phrase recorder", that would
replay your knob tweaks while you jam on the keys or play an
arpeggio?

rachel
I think to implement that Korg-esque technology would not only be a huge pain (not to mention totally UN-Moogie) but require more than their RAC technology, which seems great as it is. REAL ANALOG ! Correct me if I'm wrong, Knob movement memory (motion sequences, mod sequences) are more of the digital synth (and VA) world than that of the true analog world ..

If you have a Korg that does this already (ms2000, electribe,etc) I'm sure it can be midi to a Voayger or LP to simulate this effect.. If I midi my MS 2000 out to my MMV and tweak the cutoff on the MS, both cutoffs are tweaked in unison. So you could record the "Motion sequence" on the ms 2000, but only use the MS 2000 for controlling the MMV .No output from mS2000...

Anyway, I still think being able to use one encoder (on the LP) for two or more functions, might be cool too. It would be like a ghetto touch screen, with less range... But fun no less...
http://www.thevoltperoctaves.com

http://www.myspace.com/thevoltperoctaves

http://www.moogmusic.com/artists/?cat_id=28

eric coleridge

Little Fatty

Post by eric coleridge » Thu May 18, 2006 8:52 pm

totally man, all this sequencer buisness... what's the point? This little performance synth already has MIDI and CV...

For a $1000, this is an amazing synth, maybe one of the best ever made.

Obviously it's missing a few things: S+H, Noise, CV outs.

I was a little skeptical and disappointed when I first saw it and realized it didn't conform to my exact ideal of a new budget Moog. But after thinking about it more I've changed my mind..

No synth has everything. The ones that do are called Modulars, are the size of a wall, and cost thousands of dollars. Even the MiniMoog is lacking in a lot of ways, but more than makes up for it in it's sound and build. I think the Little Phatty's going to follow in the Mini's footsteps. It will be loved for it's sound and simplicity.

I'm even starting to warm up to the lack of knobs.

It probably won't even matter after I hear it and it sounds like butter. $1000 is pretty reasonable in 2006 for the sound of butter. Where else can you get that? --a Voyager or used Mini for 3 times the price of LP.

ARP

Post by ARP » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:09 pm

(EDITED) wrong post
"Although they heard the music..they didn't understand the tune"

BrianK

Post by BrianK » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:41 pm

I honestly don't know what they are talking about. But it would more likely be a software change than hardware. Which means something to do with memory, programming, MIDI, etc rather than CV or other hardware things, probably.

pureoldsound

Post by pureoldsound » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:31 pm

Any news about the new features?????????? Time has paased and not hints or leaks of info......

cheveux.boucles

Post by cheveux.boucles » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:53 pm

there's nothing wrong with a bit of wishful thinking...
Moog LP TE

dualaud

Post by dualaud » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:26 pm

a newsletter and new sound samples, and nothing about the feature surprise.
hopefully its not the spanking-new warm analogue 2678400 sec extending summer delay with 4pole filter and hopefully they didn't abandon the feature for good (in that case i'd rather go for the delay).

in connection to he china manufacturing error let me quote Steen Skrydstrup:
"we don't test our products anymore, found too many mistakes." :D