It's been a year

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
gd

It's been a year

Post by gd » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:55 pm

I have now owned my AE for 1 year, added the 3.1 bd in December and I luv this thing more than ever. My poor Source, which is pristine and in new condition just its idley by waiting for its turn to roar.
Yes I have a mini D - essentially owned one for over 30 yrs. and it rarely gets used now as well.
I have never had an instrument in my possession (and I've owned hundreds over the decades) that after 1 full year of ownership I like it more than the first time I turned it on or plugged it in. I have read countless posts on other forums questioning the ownership of a Voyager for multiple reasons the most inane being that it for that much $ it "only plays one note at a time". I don't waste time replying to those threads instead give the young Moog a pat on the top and smirk - childish , yes but what the 'ell I am 51 and will do what I bloody well want. I don't know if the Lil Phatty will gererate this much devotion, time will tell but thank-you to the Moog boys for taking the risk and coming to market with the Voyager.
This next year I'll be adding the 351 and boost the fun quotient. ps if I sell the Source it will only be to fun more Moog aquisitions as it is truely a great little synth in its own right.
Mini D, P'08 ..

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:50 pm

The 351 and CP251 will be like getting a whole new instrument. They can do so much. I would say that you could probably tie the Source into the mix with the VX351. (I'm assunimg the Source has CV ins and maybe some outs).
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney