How to wire cable for CV control of Memorymoog pedal inputs?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
digilog

How to wire cable for CV control of Memorymoog pedal inputs?

Post by digilog » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:12 pm

Does anyone know how I should wire a cable for CV control of the Memorymoog footpedal inputs 1 and 2?

I have 2 use cases:
1. CV outs from a Kenton Pro 2000. These are TS.

2. Using Ableton Live's CV tools via a DC-coupled audio output from a Universal Audio Apollo. These outputs are TRS.

Thanks!

analogmonster

Re: How to wire cable for CV control of Memorymoog pedal inputs?

Post by analogmonster » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:07 am

Provided the MemoryMoog uses the footpedal described in the accessories service manual: As I understand the service manuals of the MemoryMoog and the accessories footpedal the MemoryMoog footpedal input requires a CV input, a ground reference and a minus reference from the foot pedal internal battery. The Minus reference vanishes in the guts of the MemoryMoog somewhere, and I don't know whether it is important or not. The footpedal has a DC input, which can override the battery plus pole, but the minus reference is still connected, what I don't understand.

What you can do is to simulate the footpedal with a battery, a 100k linear pot and the CVs you want to send to the MemoryMoog derived from the Kenton Pro and the Ableton. The internal wiring of the footpedal can be obtained from the accessories service manual. That would mean:

Input connector pin 1: CV
Input connector pin 2: minus reference of the battery
Input connector pin 3: ground reference