InMusic Blows.

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
analogmonster

Re: InMusic Blows.

Post by analogmonster » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:16 am

EricK wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:00 pm ...
Edit: the Moog 904c should output audio.
All of them do. Mine as well.

analogmonster

Post by analogmonster » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:26 am

carles wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:04 pm ...
There seems to be a pattern with InMusic, destroying any kind of legitimacy, innovation and spirit that used to remain in the brands they acquire.
"We are Borg! You will be assimilated! Resistance is futile!" - No science fiction stuff. It happens every day everywhere :(

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:37 pm

analogmonster wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:16 am
EricK wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:00 pm ...
Edit: the Moog 904c should output audio.
All of them do. Mine as well.
Perhaps I misinterpreted what you meant.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

armandoc

Post by armandoc » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:04 pm

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:16 am

That makes sense to me. Behringer doesn't need Moog to pursue it's business model, so it would be a total waste of money & resources.

Adams surely shopped the brand around, not surprised Uli would have been a potential buyer.

It's too bad the idealistic employee-owned thing didn't work out.

beer20574

Post by beer20574 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:25 am

Yeah what a bleep show. So sorry. Hope to see you turn this around and shove it in inMusics face.

jorziredy

Post by jorziredy » Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:11 pm

I regret buying the MoogerFooger plug-ins now, although at least I got them cheap. I am trying to avoid anything inMusic in my life though. Let's see how they manage to screw those up.
indigocard activate
jjsploit.click
Last edited by jorziredy on Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

VCO

Post by VCO » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:31 pm

Glad I got my Voyager in 2015 when they were discontinued. I saw recently that Moog is still going to manufacturer its synths in Asheville North Carolina. If I’m remembering right due to concern about Taiwan being invaded.

macteacher

Re: InMusic Blows. no more extended warranty

Post by macteacher » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:41 pm

Is this an InMusic tweak?

I cant find anywhere to buy Moog 3 year extended warranties...

??

MaxFerency

Post by MaxFerency » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:56 am

VCO wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:31 pm I saw recently that Moog is still going to manufacturer its synths in Asheville North Carolina. If I’m remembering right due to concern about Taiwan being invaded.
I'm curious where you heard that? I'd like to learn more. I know that's a perennial long term concern for Taiwan but I've never seen business consider it an imminent threat. If they continue to produce in NC, wouldn't they need to re-hire a lot of the manufacturing staff? Or was that layoff in Sept 2023 just an illegal union busting attempt?
Max Ferency | http://maxferency.org | max [at] maxferency [dot] org
SYSTEM: macOS & Logic X Pro
GEAR: Matriarch, Sub 37, Korg SV-2, DFAM, MF Drive, MF Delay, MF Boost, Roland RC-202

LivePsy

Post by LivePsy » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:37 am

I bought a Behringer System 35 recently. Sorry, not sorry. It has its problems but damn its also very good. I cannot afford a real Moog modular, even if Inmusic create a low cost one. And Behringer has already taken that space. I'm not gloating, I stand by my Voyager EB for when I had more money. I can't afford that level of luxury again.
I've stopped talking now.

analogmonster

Post by analogmonster » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:00 am

LivePsy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:37 am ...It has its problems...
Which problems? I ask because I don't have any experience with instruments from Behringer.

LivePsy

Post by LivePsy » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:50 pm

analogmonster wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:00 am
LivePsy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:37 am ...It has its problems...
Which problems? I ask because I don't have any experience with instruments from Behringer.
There are a few things which could be done better. The fixed highpass filter goes from very high cutoff to out of hearing in the last teensy turn of the knob. Not a deal breaker. The Attack time is very touchy in the short range of a few millisends. Not a deal breaker. There is no normalling behind the scenes so you have to patch cables for everything - I have short cables for daisy chaining module to module such as pitch, PW. Not a deal breaker. It seems faithful to the old modules so it has low level osc outputs, low level env, s-trig (which I think is fine). The hardware quality is actually good. Nice feeling solid pots even though they are not panel mounted. It does a fine minimoog sound (better than my Voyager) as well as Berlin School squences. Its seems to be 97% there IMO and makes you work like the old modulars make you work. I'm happy. I don't think there is a general poor quality about Behringer, not with this setup.

rzzzzz

Post by rzzzzz » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:49 am

InMusic announces in the Asheville Citizens Times that it will move into the space currently occupied by the Citizens Times (highlighting the detrimental effect of modern capitalism on local news media) and possibly engage Citizens Vinyl records production/studio/cafe, which is on the bottom floor of the old building. Though InMusic is cash rich enough to threaten that recent city venture. They mention that this move from the beloved Moog facility on Merrimon Ave will bring them "closer to the heart of the arts community"; this move actually barely covers all of 3 blocks, so I'm not sure how this greatly impacts artistic expression in the city. The independent/unaffiliated Moog Foundation remains nearby, and is worthy of your patronage if you're in the general vicinity. (There is also talk of possibly moving new operations to Weaverville, which lies a few miles North of town.)

During my time in Asheville I visited Moog fairly regularly. Mostly frequenting the in-house store they maintained, but also to tour the plant, engage some kindly employees on site for their generous advice, and receive a couple of instruments literally right out their factory doors. I hold much affection for the operation, and can only hope that these friends land on their feet.

LivePsy

Post by LivePsy » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:22 pm

Well they could have moved to an old abbatoir in say Buffalo NY.