Expanding the 15 with MoogerFoogers

System 55 • System 35 • Model 15
rzzzzz

Expanding the 15 with MoogerFoogers

Post by rzzzzz » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:52 am

It wasn't planned. I had 3 of my Fooger pedals before the opportunity of buying a newly built Modular, right down the street from where I lived, presented itself. But for all the cool effects they offer for various instruments, the 4 MFs have remained permanently parked against the 953 keyboard for years now.

The 104 Delay and Phaser are obvious output effects, especially as it is possible to link the Phaser into the Delay's Feedback Insert for a very engaging combination. (There must be more ways to utilize them with the other modules, but this layout seems too requisite to separate.)

The FreqBox offers an additional oscillator that can be hard synched. Modulating a pleasing phasing effect is a bit challenging, given the sensitivity/reactivity of the on-board envelope follower, but I think worth the effort. The on-board ring modulation on the 102 is straight forward enough, though I struggle to get anything earth-shattering making use of the external carrier input compared to direct FM on the 15. I need to dig into that more. At least it's nice having an additional LFO for PWM, etc.

It's funny comparing the capabilities of this set-up with what I can do on an iPad with the 15 app and an old Roli MPE bluetooth. (Which don't sound bad, but even with tinnitus there's no mistaking the two.) Now I wish I had snapped up a CP-251 when they were still available at the Moog Store. Oh well.

EricK

Re: Expanding the 15 with MoogerFoogers

Post by EricK » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:46 pm

The foogers really start one down the path...

Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

rzzzzz

Re: Expanding the 15 with MoogerFoogers

Post by rzzzzz » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:34 pm

Wow. That's the kind of set-up that would make me question whether I should record on a reel to reel and send it straight to record pressing (like Citizen Vinyl right there in Asheville, downstairs from where the new Moog management is going to set-up). What a holy set-up!