Mother 32 - MIDI takes over tempo

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
Gobi

Mother 32 - MIDI takes over tempo

Post by Gobi » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:38 pm

Hello,
I am using Triggers from a homemade "Triggering Device" with lots of (analog) rhythmic triggers coming out wich works fine, when not using MIDI.
I wanted to have the Mother 32 with MIDi Thru coming from a Micro Freak but now the "tempo" tigger in does not work at all, via Midi extreme fast triggers coming from the Micro Freak.
How can I make this stop? I tried the "Setup Modus" Page 3 Tempo set to "3" which is slower then but still not working with the "tempo" input.

Gobi

Re: Mother 32 - MIDI takes over tempo

Post by Gobi » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:04 pm

Ok, not exactly what i wanted but in the manual i found the following lines:
MIDI CLOCK MESSAGES: When the Mother-32 detects a MIDI Clock signal, the Tempo LED blinks green at the detected tempo and the panel TEMPO control becomes a clock divider. After MIDI clock messages cease to be received, the internal clock can be restarted by pressing the RUN/STOP button.
this helps me right now!

ThanogHamros

Re: Mother 32 - MIDI takes over tempo

Post by ThanogHamros » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:37 am

The rapid MIDI triggers from Micro Freak might be overwhelming Moog Mother-32's tempo input. Here's a possible solution:

Filter MIDI Clock Signal: Try using a MIDI processor or software like "Bome's MIDI Translator" to filter out the Micro Freak's clock signal before it reaches the Mother-32. This allows regular MIDI messages to pass through while blocking the overwhelming clock.