Brand new Moog One Knobs question

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
macteacher

Brand new Moog One Knobs question

Post by macteacher » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:23 am

Hi All,

I just received a new 16 voice Moog One and noticed that a lot of knob tops seem to be scratched.

I'm wondering if the knobs have plastic removable protective film on the tops of them that can be removed like the oled displays do and maybe that's why they looked scratched?

Before I try to remove any plastic, I want to confirm that it is a removable film so I don't scratch them more.

Thanks!

rtcstudio

Re: Brand new Moog One Knobs question

Post by rtcstudio » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:44 pm

Mine had plastic protective tops that were removable. Pretty sure they are all that way.

macteacher

Post by macteacher » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:53 pm

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

I've had a number of Moogs and I don't remember the knobs having those, but it could be that they did and weren't noticeable.

noisebit

Post by noisebit » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:21 am

macteacher wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:23 am Hi All,

I just received a new 16 voice Moog One and noticed that a lot of knob tops seem to be scratched.

I'm wondering if the knobs have plastic removable protective film on the tops of them that can be removed like the oled displays do and maybe that's why they looked scratched?

Before I try to remove any plastic, I want to confirm that it is a removable film so I don't scratch them more.

Thanks!
My first impression was exactly the same. But after removing all the protectiv film each of the knobs I got the gloss on top that I wanted. Took some time because of a lot of knobs :lol:
Moog One 16/NL C15/Waldorf Iridium/Prophet XL/Prophet 10 D/Prophet rev2 16/OB-X8/OB 6 D/2600/VC 340/Kurzweil PC3K7/Kurzweil 2500R/Access Virus TI2/Reason/NI Ultimate/Logic X

macteacher

Post by macteacher » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:23 pm

Thanks for that.

I'm inclined to leave the film on for the moment, but glad to know it's there and not scratched knobs.

:-)