AI generated post invsasion

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
stiiiiiiive

AI generated post invsasion

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:22 pm

Hi all.

It's been some months now since I noticed the first post I suspected to be AI generated and then made more human-friendly by humans.
It's every single day now.

Some first posters write their problem... sometimes the post is the same (or so) as another one.
Some of the historic members here answer... and get nothing in return. No answer, no thank you, nothing. Well, ok, that has existed for ages.
Sometimes, the original post just gets deleted... I guess the authors do so.
But the newest trend is that AI-posters now answers with a generic, exhaustive, half relevant post.

This place used to be a cool place where we could exchange our experiences. I'm kind of sad to see it like this, after some years of low activity.

Not sure the admins can do anything about that.
Well, c'est la vie, I guess.

hieronymous

Re: AI generated post invsasion

Post by hieronymous » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:20 pm

Thank you for posting this. I was wondering about the posts with quotes around them - both the subject and the entire text. What is going on? Are people just practicing their AI skills?

Maybe the AI really wants to start using Moog synths? Will we start seeing AI-generated Moog music?

MaxFerency

Post by MaxFerency » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:55 pm

Thanks for posting this. I saw the post that probably instigated your post here and I agree with you it was probably AI and certainly overly verbose and irrelevant to the conversation. I don't know if there is a way to prevent it but I agree that we as users should discourage it because it just adds a lot of useless noise.
Max Ferency | http://maxferency.org | max [at] maxferency [dot] org
SYSTEM: macOS & Logic X Pro
GEAR: Matriarch, Sub 37, Korg SV-2, DFAM, MF Drive, MF Delay, MF Boost, Roland RC-202

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:35 pm

hieronymous wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:20 pm Maybe the AI really wants to start using Moog synths? Will we start seeing AI-generated Moog music?
Haha, that would be "less worse" as we say in french :)
MaxFerency wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:55 pm Thanks for posting this. I saw the post that probably instigated your post here and I agree with you it was probably AI and certainly overly verbose and irrelevant to the conversation. I don't know if there is a way to prevent it but I agree that we as users should discourage it because it just adds a lot of useless noise.
The first time I was intrigued was some time last autumn, actually.

I don't know what's better for us to do: just not react? Post something that make obvious the previous posts are irrelevant?
Admins, mods, any idea?

It's good to discuss this with you guys... mind you!

till

Post by till » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:23 am

If these invasion of AI postings will keep on, I will quit using this forum for sure..

It used to be such a helpful forum some years ago. Ideas were exchanged and people got help. There were some stupid newbies question, but they got answers anyway.

But today we see so man first posting with postings that are for sure not all real.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

MaxFerency

Post by MaxFerency » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:46 pm

stiiiiiiive wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:35 pm I don't know what's better for us to do: just not react? Post something that make obvious the previous posts are irrelevant?
Admins, mods, any idea?
I think you did the right think by asking is this a Gen AI post. If you are wrong the person will respond and then you apologize and its fine. If you are right, hopefully they then people will hopefully get the point and stop doing it. Notice that the post you responded to like that just went silent after that.
Max Ferency | http://maxferency.org | max [at] maxferency [dot] org
SYSTEM: macOS & Logic X Pro
GEAR: Matriarch, Sub 37, Korg SV-2, DFAM, MF Drive, MF Delay, MF Boost, Roland RC-202

hieronymous

Post by hieronymous » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:59 pm

When I see an AI generated/controlled by CV I'll be impressed! :lol:

I really wonder if whoever is doing it is doing it to audition their AI - look, here are sample posts where my AI answered a question! Maybe that's why the original "problem" post is in quotes - I originally thought maybe it was taken from a real post from earlier!

So if we respond and roast the AI, maybe the originator will use that info to make it better?!! So we should just shut up? Flag? Hopefully it IS a "real" person motivating this - it's when the AI start doing it themselves that we REALLY need to worry... Er, I mean, I can hardly wait for that time!

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:52 pm

I like this comic :)

@MaxFerency, as far this post I answer, I already had the case that the original post was just deleted, as I said before. Hence the copy. But again: not sure if better make it obvious to anyone or rather not giving any echo.

BTW, I remember just two days ago that I had reported such a post, given some examples of deleted post etc to the admins. But the report was -as far as I understood- denied.
Maybe it's too late and the admins are like this guy in pink in the comic :D