Octave Control Issue with Sub37's OSC 1 Knob

Everything Sub.
jackyyy

Octave Control Issue with Sub37's OSC 1 Knob

Post by jackyyy » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:07 am

I've encountered a problem with my Sub37 synthesizer. After a period of not using it, I've noticed that the Octave knob is unresponsive. In an attempt to address the issue, I took several actions. These included updating the firmware to version 1.2 and downloading the editor software. Surprisingly, I found that the Octave range selection does respond to software changes, indicating that the issue may be related to the physical knob itself. Additionally, I performed a note calibration, set the pitch CV to default, and restored both MIDI and Global settings to their default values. Despite these troubleshooting efforts, the Octave knob remains non-functional. Before reaching out to support for further assistance, I'm wondering if there are any other suggestions or steps I could take to resolve the problem. Any guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

till

Re: Octave Control Issue with Sub37's OSC 1 Knob

Post by till » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:04 pm

There are reliability issues with the SubPhatty rotary switches. I had to exchange them on my SubPhatty, when two became unusable. Maybe the very same part is used on the Sub37?
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16