Ladder filter "bug" with notes sneaking through

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
Phileosophos

Ladder filter "bug" with notes sneaking through

Post by Phileosophos » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:42 pm

I was fiddling around with my Moog One, trying to educate myself about all the wild flexibility of the filters, when I came across what I can describe only as a "bug" that allows notes to "sneak through" the ladder filter. To reproduce it, take the following steps:
  1. Initialize a patch to the default by holding Compare + Shift.
  2. Turn the "Mix" knob in the filter section all the way to the left to 0%.
  3. Play clusters of notes on the keyboard and notice how some are slipping through the ladder filter output even though the mix being fully set only to use the SVF should prevent you from hearing anything.
Can somebody confirm this is a bug? Maybe it needs fixing? I'm not sure where to report it or if it's just some kind of weird problem with my particular unit that I should take up before my 30-day return window has closed.

Phileosophos

Re: Ladder filter "bug" with notes sneaking through

Post by Phileosophos » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:29 pm

I know I'm replying to my own post, but I thought it worth the update. The Moog One support folks got back to me this morning and asked me to send them a video. When I went to capture that, I found the problem is no longer happening. If it happens again, I will definitely take that video and update this thread. The only other bit of data I can add is this: I started seeing that bug the day after I had created my first empty user space, which actually made the unit reboot itself. I thought that was weird, but it started up again just fine and loaded the new empty user space just fine--or so I thought. Perhaps there's a correlation? Time may tell.