MF-105M no MIDI function?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
FlavioB

MF-105M no MIDI function?

Post by FlavioB » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:35 pm

Hi there.
My MF-105M doesn't react to MIDI clock, nor does it react to pattern changes via MIDI. The MF-104M connected to the same cable will sync to MIDI clock immediately.
Is there any factory reset that could be done?
Or what other suggestions do you have?
Thanks,
F.

FeelinDank

Re: MF-105M no MIDI function?

Post by FeelinDank » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:31 pm

Have you changed the MIDI channel? Perhaps your mf104m IS set to the right channel but the mf105m is set to a different channel. Here’s the process of changing MIDI channels from the manual (on pg16 of the manual):

“The MIDI MuRF Defaults to MIDI Channel 1 for receiving Channel Mode messages (MIDI CCs, MIDI Note Ons). The MIDI Channel can be set by the user one of two ways: powering up with the LFO and FREQ switch in the left position and with the stomp switch pressed sets the MIDI channel to 1-12 corresponding to the position of the pattern rotary switch. In addition, a MIDI CC #102 with values 1-16 received on any MIDI Channel will set the MIDI channel to 1-16. When the MIDI MuRF is powered down, the last MIDI Channel assignment is remembered.”

FlavioB

Post by FlavioB » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:48 pm

MIDI clock is channel-independent... :roll:

FeelinDank

Post by FeelinDank » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:00 am

Oh ah. Bummer.

It does make sound when you have a MIDI cable connected though, right? I am wondering if your unit is not getting the correct start/ stop/ continue clock messages. If it doesn’t make sound, when connected via MIDI then I’d assume it’s being muted. Tried MIDI with many different sources? Not sure I’d be different, but just throwing you some suggestions.

FlavioB

Post by FlavioB » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm

Sorry, but you appear to lack knowledge or you're an AI bot...
Do you actually know what the MF-105M is?
You're suggesting absolute nonsense... :roll:

FeelinDank

Post by FeelinDank » Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:23 pm

No. I am not an AI bot, I own a few of the 105m’s, but I just don’t use the MIDI aspect (though I did test one with MIDI from my Subsequent37cv). That said I use CV with them often (yes, I am missing out on many features).

Not a lot of people on this forum anymore, so I thought I’d contribute to see if any simpler ideas hadn’t been tried yet. Did you get it sorted out?

FlavioB

Post by FlavioB » Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:58 pm

Good that you're not an (AI) Bot.
Anyway, you lack knowledge... you were saying "does it make a sound?" when this unit (and ALL of the MoogerFooger pedals) are no sound generators at all. So they cannot "make a sound" at all.
Plus, you don't know that MIDI clock is MIDI-channel-independent.
And finally, you talk about "start/stop/continue" messages which will never affect such a unit (the unit needs simply to sync to a clock)...

The unit is now in some professional tech guy's hands. We'll see what he comes up with.