How to record etherwave theremin to logic

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
cinematic_y

How to record etherwave theremin to logic

Post by cinematic_y » Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:23 pm

Hi~

I am new to this forum and I hope I can get some help from here. I purchased Etherwave theremin a couple of months ago and I have been practicing. And I wanted to connect etherwave to logic so I got XLR male to TRS male to connect from my duet audio interface to etherwave audio out. I can kind of hear the sound but there are more wave sounds like white noises, is there any way I can make this theremin sound clear without other wave sounds(or noises)? So I can record its own sound like you're recording other instruments or vocal? I would appreciate it any answers and ideas. Thank you in advance~!

analogmonster

Re: How to record etherwave theremin to logic

Post by analogmonster » Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:32 am

Perhaps the Theremin output signal is too weak for your audio post processing. If a weak signal is amplified by a post processing stage which expects a stronger signal noise is added.

Moog uses Line level as output for most instruments. That is 1Vpp maximum. Check whether your post processing equipment can handle this. If not, intermediate amplification is needed.

If the amplified signal still contains noise, the Audio output stage of the Theremin might have a defect.

cinematic_y

Post by cinematic_y » Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:33 am

First, thank you for your reply.
Actually after I wrote this, I thought about amp. I don't think the audio output stage is defect because I have no problem when I use headphone or other speaker. Noises are only present when I tried to connect through duet audio inteface to logic. I put a gain on audio interface but I guess that's still weak. Anyway I probably need an amp. Thank you for your insight!

Acid Mitch

Post by Acid Mitch » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:36 am

On your audio interface make sure the inputs are set to line level and not mic or instrument.