New Moog One v.1.5 with tuning issues

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
strytten

New Moog One v.1.5 with tuning issues

Post by strytten » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:54 pm

Hi everyone, I'm a new forum member and the owner of a new Moog One. I'm already blown away by this instrument and looking forward to the journey that awaits. My Moog One has OS v. 1.5, but unfortunately, I am experiencing tuning issues similar to what others have reported for pre-v.1.5 Moog Ones. Any suggestions how I might proceed to try to resolve these tuning issues? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Moog One 16, OB-X8, Prophet 10 Rev4, Osmose, Trigon 6 D, OB-6 D, Kawai VPC-1, Rhodes Mk8 FX, Steinway D, Mac-based Protools w/Carbon.

noisebit

Re: New Moog One v.1.5 with tuning issues

Post by noisebit » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:24 am

Welcome in this forum.

Did you read this posts?
viewtopic.php?t=35824&hilit=tuning&start=15

Please use the "Voice Card Calibration" in the setup. After that, my MO16 works fine.

Best regards.
Moog One 16/NL C15/Waldorf Iridium/Prophet XL/Prophet 10 D/Prophet rev2 16/OB-X8/OB 6 D/2600/VC 340/Kurzweil PC3K7/Kurzweil 2500R/Access Virus TI2/Reason/NI Ultimate/Logic X

strytten

Post by strytten » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:11 pm

Thank you noisebit for this advice, and for the link to the post (which I had not read). I ran the "voice card calibration," then power-cycle, then I ran "oscillator compensation", and then power-cycle. Tuning was beautiful after that. Not just in tune, but overall sound more beautiful - which was interesting.

Now I have some new gremlins to chase down. When I powered up this morning, the unit hung with a Moog logo in the display and the flashing light pattern on the panel lights. I gave it 15 min and then power-cycled, and then it came up OK. Most presets work as before, but a few don't. The presets that don't work have gone silent on some of the timbres. I'm going through the manual now just to be sure it isn't operator error on my end.

I may try a system calibration next, although I don't know enough about what that does to evaluate whether it would help with these new gremlins. Anyone have an opinion on that?

Thanks again for the help noisebit!
Moog One 16, OB-X8, Prophet 10 Rev4, Osmose, Trigon 6 D, OB-6 D, Kawai VPC-1, Rhodes Mk8 FX, Steinway D, Mac-based Protools w/Carbon.

strytten

Post by strytten » Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:40 pm

I"m happy to report that all my issues are resolved and my Moog One is working great.

I am very grateful for this forum and all the great information compiled here, and I also want to give a shout out to Getsemandi Music for a great Youtube video on how to run the system calibration.

armandoc

Post by armandoc » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:53 pm

Nice great to hear and welcome to the forums.