Taurus 3, tap tempo for arpeggiator?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Thunderclap

Taurus 3, tap tempo for arpeggiator?

Post by Thunderclap » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:28 pm

A little help, I wonder how I can reassign one of the metal buttons to work as a tap tempo- so as to set the tempo for arpeggiators sound in a live/ gig situation!?!? Any help would be greatly appreciated as it’s not explained in the original manual at all. . .

stiiiiiiive

Re: Taurus 3, tap tempo for arpeggiator?

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:56 pm

Hi Thunderclap, welcome tothe forum.

I don't have a T3 but I have to aks: if it is not described in the manual, what makes you think it is possible?

Thunderclap

Post by Thunderclap » Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:32 pm

Within the manual, it does mention the use of tap tempo, and that it does exist within the unit, but that’s it, it has no further explanation on the inns and outs of it whatsoever! :(

analogmonster

Post by analogmonster » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:22 am

I did find any hints neither.

What might work is a small programmable MIDI controller which processes what ever touches / commands and sends program change MIDI instructions to the Taurus to select prepared preset slots with corresponding arpeggiator settings.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:10 am

From the v1.04 Addendum:

p.22: PGM Mode/ Arp Tap Tempo
When In PGM Mode (press and hold Transpose/PGM switch until LED blinks rapidly), the
DECAY footswitch acts as a controller for the Arpeggiator. The first press of this switch turns on
the Arpeggiator, if it was not already in the ON state. Following the first press of this switch, the
switch acts as a Tap Tempo control for the Arpeggiator RATE parameter. Press and hold the
DECAY footswitch in PGM mode to turn the Arpeggiator OFF.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What firmware are you using? There is a v2.0.4 (beta) available on the forum in the v2.0.3 thread, although v2.0.2 is the only official one on the Moog downloads page.

viewtopic.php?t=19214&start=45 (Amos' post - I found copying the link and pasting to new tab worked, direct download didn't).

I have addenda for v1.0.4 and v2.0.0 if you need them.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony