Can't see "RECEIVING ALL PRESETS" window in Slimphatty

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Diamond!1

Can't see "RECEIVING ALL PRESETS" window in Slimphatty

Post by Diamond!1 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:40 am

I'm really hoping someone can help me with a download dilemma; I'm a newbie to all because I don't use a DAW. (I use an Atari from 1990!) I've just bought 100 new Slimphatty sounds and I want to replace all my current presets with these. By connecting a USB B type cable from the Moog to my PC, whilst MidiSysEx CHAT and MIDI-OX read the files I have purchase, the Moog won't upload them. I'm reasoning because, like my Moog manual says, I need a midi interface, and I don't have one. So I will buy a Roland UM-one Mk2 midi interface, unless someone tells me this wouldn't work. The main issue I have is on the Moog I'm not seeing any "RECEIVING ALL PRESETS" type menus like it says I should on Page 44 of my manual. It jumps straight from the "SENDING CUR PRESET" type stuff to the "SYSTEM UTILITIES" menus, and I simply don't understand why. Will the "RECEIVING" menus suddenly appear when I plug in the midi interface? Any help somebody can give me, in terms of the steps I need to take or a specific little box I need to get hold of would be gratefully accepted. I will only need to make this download the one time, I would never need the box or Roland interface again! THANK YOU!! - Richard

Diamond!1

Re: Can't see "RECEIVING ALL PRESETS" window in Slimphatty

Post by Diamond!1 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:47 pm

It's me again, Richard. Having chatted to a Moog dealer here in the UK, they tell me my problem has nothing to do with my connection - My USM midi B to A is correct (B in the back of the Moog) but it could be due to not have the latest firmware. My SYSTEM UTILITIES window says VERS:3.12 680/31. So, can anyone advise me further please? Why can't I see the RECEIVING ALL PRESETS window, like I can see it on page 44 of my Moog Manual??