Minitaur - Logic - MIDI Recording Issue

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
rgbertran

Minitaur - Logic - MIDI Recording Issue

Post by rgbertran » Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:25 am

Hi,

Just got my Minitaur and I love it. However, I am experiencing some difficulties recording MIDI data with it in Logic. After doing some troubleshooting I am assuming that I am not connecting the Minitaur correctly to my MIDI keyboard, audio interface, and computer correctly. I am successful in recording audio, but not MIDI data.

Here are my three current connections:

Minitaur USB MIDI -> Computer
MIDI In -> MIDI Keyboard
Audio Out -> Audio Interface.

Additionally, in Logic, the 'R' for recording insignia does not flash on and off with these connections like it normally does with my other external MIDI instruments.

Can anyone please recommend a different way of connecting my Minitaur to my keyboard and recording MIDI data in Logic with it? I would really appreciate the help, thank you. :shock:

Mortis

Re: Minitaur - Logic - MIDI Recording Issue

Post by Mortis » Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:19 pm

Sounds fine to me. I am using Bitwig, same connections as you describe.
  • Keyboard to PC
  • Minitaur USB MIDI to computer
Try not to connect another MIDI cable at the same time to the minitaur. With my sub Phatty I had issues when both MIDI inputs (USB and MIDI) were connected.

Set the MIDI track input if the MIDI track, you want to record MIDI to, to keyboard MIDI output.
The MIDI track's output goes to Minitaur USB MIDI Out.

rgbertran

Re: Minitaur - Logic - MIDI Recording Issue

Post by rgbertran » Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:38 am

That is good advice. I think that the Minitaur was encountering issues because, like you said, I was connecting both a MIDI -> USB cable and a 5-pin MIDI cable at the same time.

Thanks for the help! :D