Is my Minitaur acting normally?

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
ollekottolle

Is my Minitaur acting normally?

Post by ollekottolle » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:09 pm

I just bought a Minitaur second hand and I dont't know if this is normal behaviour or not (I don't recognice the behaviour from my other synths):

When playing the Minitaur with an external keyboard and NOT releasing the previously played key fully before pressing the next key, the amplifier doesn't "start over". So for example if I set the sustain to zero and play the key C and then play D but there is the slightest overlap in key-pressing (that is, I haven't had the chance tofully release C before D was pressed), I will not hear the tone D, but instead silence.

Am I missing something?

johnstaf

Re: Is my Minitaur acting normally?

Post by johnstaf » Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:41 pm

If you don't release the key, the envelopes will not be triggered when the next key is pressed. If you want the envelopes to trigger you must release all keys first. This is the default Moog behaviour.

You can change the trigger mode to "Legato Off" by sending the appropriate MIDI message. There is a table of MIDI control messages on Page 23 of the manual. The envelopes will now be triggered any time a note on message is received.

till

Post by till » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:26 am

You can change the trigger modes by using MIDi CC #73:

values 0-42 switch to LEGATO ON (Singe Trigger = default)
values 43-84 switch to LEGATO OFF (Multiple Trigger with Envelopes starting from current position)
values 85-127 switch to EG RESET (Multiple Trigger with Envelopes forced to start from zero like on certain digital synths and plug-ins)
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

ollekottolle

Post by ollekottolle » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:51 am

Thanks for the answers. I sent Midi CC and it corrected the problem. But it isn't saved in the unit? Everytime I unplug the DC in and restart it it ges back to Legato ON. Is there any way to save this setting?