Matriarch filter envelope not working

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
jlpower

Matriarch filter envelope not working

Post by jlpower » Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:24 pm

Hello. I've recently noticed strange behavior with the filter envelope on my Matriarch. If I have the envelop amount knob at zero, I am able to control the filter cutoff manually with the cutoff knob. However, If I have the envelop knob any amount above zero, the filter cutoff stays all the way open with the cutoff knob having no effect. Anything below zero results in the cutoff being turned all the way down. No mater how I adjust the filter envelope, I cannot get it to have any impact on the filter cutoff at all. I tried both a factory reset and a firmware upgrade to 1.3.0 to no avail. Any advice would be appreciated.

MrBlue

Re: Matriarch filter envelope not working

Post by MrBlue » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:11 am

Which filter mode is selected?
Music is emotion suspended in space and time
illustrasons

jlpower

Post by jlpower » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:22 pm

It behaves the same in all 3 modes.

jlpower

Post by jlpower » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:22 am

It's been a week now since I contacted Moog. Still nothing. Maybe some day they'll get around it. Although they do already have my money, and I am two months outside of the warranty period.

jlpower

Post by jlpower » Wed May 10, 2023 10:21 am

Just to follow up on this issue; I heard back from the repair tech at Sweetwater. Somehow there was a part of the VCA circuit board that disconnected from the filter capacitor. It had to be resoldered, but apparently now functions as indented.