hold a note, play next note

Everything Sub.
tommygun

hold a note, play next note

Post by tommygun » Tue May 02, 2023 4:18 pm

Hi all, I just got a subsequent 37 after selling my sub phatty. I loved the phatty but just too few keys! Anyway, on my sub phatty I used to be able to hold a note down and then trigger a new note while still holding the first note down. This doesn't work on the Subsequent! I have to release the first note fully before pressing the next note. Yikes. This is annoying. I figured the legato glide set to the fastest glide setting would do the trick, but that isn't working. Thoughts?

till

Re: hold a note, play next note

Post by till » Wed May 03, 2023 3:30 am

Check the trigger mode. There is a button labeled MULTI TRIG below the Attack pot of the envelopes. If it is lit, you get the desired multiple triggering while holding notes.

When the envelope is triggered when playing a new note while still holding another, is called multi trigger. The classic Minimoog and other vintage Moogs used to be single trigger. And there was no way to change this on these vintage instruments.

See the manual in the section about the envelope controls.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

tommygun

Post by tommygun » Wed May 03, 2023 3:27 pm

Thanks for the reply, but it didn't work. I don't get why the sub phatty allows a new note to be triggered while holding the previous one and the subsequent 37 doesn't. Any other thoughts? Does the firmware need to be updated?

tommygun

Post by tommygun » Wed May 03, 2023 3:52 pm

Solved! I called moog support. They said it had to do with keyboard priority in the global settings. I changed the setting from "low" to "last" and now a new note triggers each time I press a new note regardless of whether I am still holding other previous notes.