Matriarch Sequencer Octave Glitch?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
ritual_of_the_sea

Matriarch Sequencer Octave Glitch?

Post by ritual_of_the_sea » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:57 pm

Hello,

I have been learning my Matriarch in earnest and I have run into an issue with the sequencer. The glitch appears to be that the sequencer is, without prompting, accidentally switching to the lowest keyboard octave while the play button is pressed. When it happens, if I turn off the play button and go back to using the keyboard manually, the octave is correct again i.e. it is the octave I had it at before I pressed play to play my sequences.

The issue seems to happen mostly when I do a fast turn of the Sequence (1-4) knob more than one click at once (going from 4 to 1 quickly), also if I play an "empty" sequence then go back to one that I programmed. A power cycle fixes it but then it will come back again.

I updated the firmware and I'm still having the issue. Here are links to videos demonstrating the issue:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Wondering if I'm not understanding something but I have a feeling it's a bug. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

ritual_of_the_sea

Re: Matriarch Sequencer Octave Glitch?

Post by ritual_of_the_sea » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:46 am

I believe I found another bug with the sequencer: When I switch to a one-note sequence while in FW/BW mode, and I switch back to a sequence with more than one note, the sequencer remains stuck on one note until I switch it out of FW/BW to ORD or RND.

It doesn't look like Moog responds here so I will keep this thread updated as I discuss this with Moog via email.

ritual_of_the_sea

Re: Matriarch Sequencer Octave Glitch?

Post by ritual_of_the_sea » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:32 pm

Adding to my list of potentially-related glitchiness, the octave transposition functionality seems to choose to default back to the middle octave at random while pressing certain button combinations. Holding SHIFT then pressing < KB might move it down one octave from the middle, but then a second press of the same button combination will send it back to the middle octave when it should go down another octave. Sometimes it will go down again like it's supposed to, other times it will go back to the middle.