Sweetwater Sales Engineer Recommendation

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
BobbyD-NYC

Sweetwater Sales Engineer Recommendation

Post by BobbyD-NYC » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:35 pm

Hello....I am an old dude (turning 60 soon) getting back into music after a long hiatus and am putting together my 3rd and last home studio. I will be buying my gear from Sweetwater and was looking for a recommendation for a sales rep who is very knowledgeable with moog gear, MIDI, Ableton as a DAW and live performing, music synthesis, lighting and into unconventional creativity and out-of-the-box signal routing. But also want a guy who digs the digital world thinks inside the box and uses VSTs like Omnisphere , Serum, etc. Also must dig the DJ world and pioneer gear. Bonus if he he plays guitar which is my main instrument as I dig using the Fishman Triple Play MIDI pickup as my main controller. There are some very good sales engineers at Sweetwater and I need to find a cat that actually uses moog gear and is into experimentation. I don't want a rep that leaves work and plays pedal steel in a country band not that there's anything wrong with that but our vibes would be off and I need a sales rep that will inspire me to buy the right gear for what I need.

I am going to introduce myself in a different thread.

Thanks for the recommendations🙏

BobbyD

ummagumma

Re: Sweetwater Sales Engineer Recommendation

Post by ummagumma » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:37 am

Demon Dan might have some advice!

rtcstudio

Post by rtcstudio » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:08 pm

I highly recommend Jim Swain at Sweetwater. He’s been my rep there for over a decade. Just bought a Moog One from him a month ago. Knowledgeable along with great prices.

Paul

4dubs

Post by 4dubs » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:33 am

My vote is for Caleb Lowrey. Very knowledgeable and as helpful as they come.
Moog: Model D, Voyager, Sub 37, ONE 8V, Minifooger Delay (x2)/DSI: Prophet 6, Pro 2, Prophet REV2 16V/Nord Stage 2 SW73/Studiologic Sledge 2.0 Black/Waldorf Iridium desktop/Arturia Matrixbrute/Behringer Mono/Poly, 2600/Mellotron Micro/Modal Cobalt 8x