Rip off price in the UK (again)

Everything Phatty.
nigeynige

Yep around the corner and yet! slighltly better in someways

Post by nigeynige » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:27 pm

Sound Control are meant to be taking over the Turnkey group and therefore will be distributors and dealers of Moog products in the UK.
Can't say that Sound Control in Oxford street is that bad. They are nice guys in there and I know trying to phone them is hard getting through, but one to one service is good there....Also if you've spent your well earned cash, feel faint because you are wondering how you are gonna pay for the dog to be neutered, then Costa Coffee is just a Turnkey saleman throw away.
Then you can sip your latte, ponder at how you are gonna tell your better half that when the mother in law comes to stay....she'll have to sleep on the floor because the Voyager stays on the bed OR ELSE!

Good ol' Turnkey eh!,,,
I reckon I'm gonna be needing a new keyboard after all I've written about them.

To be fair though........
They do have very leaflets :wink:
Nige

industrial_gypsy

Post by industrial_gypsy » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:52 pm

That seems a bit of a blinkered statement. Sound control are Nationwide so for those of us lucky enough to live outside London, it may prove beneficial, but only if they get their bleep in order and get up to speed on Moog products.

nigeynige

mmmmm

Post by nigeynige » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:18 pm

Well, I sort of understand what you are saying when you say blinkered, but I'm talking about in the general area of Charing cross rd/Oxford street. Yes, tehre are quite a few sound controls throughout the Uk, but when you want something that Turnkey can't do, you immediatly go to Sound control. being from SWANSEA in south Wales, it's easier to go to Bristol, but I was talking about London in general....
Still, I stand by my statement. I agree..All these guys need to get their socks on the right way. They are all shite until proven guilty.

industrial_gypsy

Post by industrial_gypsy » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:14 pm

Permission to launch into a full scale rant?

The way I see it is this: Moog either commit to the UK or they don't. I fully understand if they can't be arsed given the history with Mr. Winter et al, but given that Mike Adams has taken the trouble to 'tour' the Uk with the clinic, it would seem they are keen to sell their wares over here. It's no good commiting to London as far as I'm concerned, so it seems like Sound Control is a good move.

However, it would appear that the clinic has failed to educate any of the staff flogging the goods. Yet again, I rang Sound Control, Salford today (one of the clinic venues) asking if they were taking orders for the Little Phatty. I spoke to their resident 'High Tech' sales person and he'd never heard of the bloody thing, let alone take my order. God knows, all I'm trying to do is part with £900 of my hard earned cash on a Moog product, is that too much to ask?

If the Tribute run of LP's is anything like the initial Signature run of Voyagers, it will need 'tweaking', with possible hardware upgrades which necessitate the synth spending some time in Moog Service Centre (Turnkey or one of their associates I suppose). I have no problem with this product 'development', it's the bugger on with couriers, packing, and the cost/risk of moving the thing 350 miles each way that I have an issue with.

I could always take up the advice Moog gave me with my voyager, and take a holiday Stateside and visit the factory for my free factory tuning, terrific idea, I'll suggest it to the missus.

Moog - you need to get the back up sorted over here!

Jyoti

Re: Yep around the corner and yet! slighltly better in somew

Post by Jyoti » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:00 pm

nigeynige wrote:Sound Control are meant to be taking over the Turnkey group and therefore will be distributors and dealers of Moog products in the UK.
I'm confused - I was told it was the other way round, that Turnkey had swallowed up Sound Control?

I asked my local branch (who are very good on the customer service side) and they initially said they'd be getting all the Moog gear in. I was getting so excited, ready to hand over wodges of dosh to a shop I actually get good service from...

...then I was told they're not getting it in after all :-(

But this may be different from area to area.

If the only place I can buy Moog gear in the UK is from Turnkey then I won't be buying any Moog gear in the future.

industrial_gypsy

Post by industrial_gypsy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:32 am

Nigeynige,
Well, I sort of understand what you are saying when you say blinkered
Sorry fella, I was replying to Martin's previous post.

nigeynige

no Problem

Post by nigeynige » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:41 am

Hi Industrial Gypsy, Don't worry. Hey1 the forum is for debates and if you haven't got two sides, then it's not a debate.

Sound Control are a national company in the Uk and I was told that turnkey were being taken over by them. I couldn't see it be the other way around as Turnkey are a small company based in London only.

Durham? I see what you mean about getting to Turnkey. That's a fair distance to travel to the big smoke.For me it's only 200 miles, but after you get there, enter the shop.....you want to be treated as a customer and given some sort of service within 5 minutes.
I repeatedly stand at the counter waiting for someone to see that i need serving. Now I'm quite reserved for a musician and not very rude (unless I wait for a while and then I get the anger management solicitors in) and when i finally attract some attention, I get cut up by someone else who's cockier than me. Now and again I've raised my voice and said "I'm afraid mate, you'll have to get to the back of the queue" and am met with frowns and spit.

I hope you get better service from Salford. If you want, Post their number and I'll call them up and direct them to the site. I'm sure they need to know what they are going to be selling in 6 months time.
Nige :o

industrial_gypsy

Post by industrial_gypsy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:13 am

Well I'm now getting somewhere, I've just had a call and an email from Sound Control. These are their words, cut from their email:

HI PAUL,

AS PER OUR PHONE CALL,

THE BIG FATTY TRIBUTE IS £899 AND SHOULD LAND TO STORES AROUND THE 3RD WEEK IN MAY.

PLEASE CALL ME TO LEAVE A £100 DEPOSIT TO SECURE YOUR ORDER.

MANY THANKS

CHARLIE

SOUND CONTROL (SALFORD)
0161-877-6262

Thing is, I was hoping for a Little Phatty as my missus keeps telling me size doesn't matter :lol:

baward

Post by baward » Fri May 05, 2006 1:37 pm

industrial_gypsy wrote:PLEASE CALL ME TO LEAVE A £100 DEPOSIT TO SECURE YOUR ORDER.
£100 for a deposit on a £900 item? They must be joking, that's almost 10%! I'd rather make the interest in MY bank, not theirs! :)

I don't envy anyone physically bringing a Voyager keyboard over in their luggage. Did you manage to fit it in the overhead locker? :wink:

I'm through with importing (or exporting) anything from a non-EC country, the charges are a joke. I can do without it (both the charge and the synth!)

Ben
p.s. I stand by my previous statement about Moog-badged values...

martin

Post by martin » Fri May 05, 2006 3:20 pm

which part of my question is blinkered?

just wasn't sure about the connection between the two. i thought they were somehow connected.

:?:

RemJon11

Post by RemJon11 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:02 pm

nice :D:)
http://calendarx.org/Members/valium/ home page

nigeynige

Only in The UK

Post by nigeynige » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:04 am

Because of the issues concerning the Logo in the UK(thanks to alex Winter who, to my knowledge was last noted using the Moog logo for a website featuring "MP3"s none the less).....we are subjected to having Moogs without the true Moog logo.
It's just the way it is. This is something I can't ever see changing.
If you want your Voyagers and Phatty's to bear the MOOG logo, then you'll have to have it shipped from europe or the USA.
If you choose the UK, then your only bonus is the fact that Turnkey is in London and you can shout at them to get it right.
If you import from the USA, you'll have to speak to Moogmusic to get a company to undertake any modifications to your machine.
£899.99 isn't a bad price for any Moog. With the exchange rate...some you win, some you lose......
Nige

dlearyus

Post by dlearyus » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:25 am

i picked up serial# 585 in Toronto at Moog Audio on Queen Street for $2052.00 (total price with the obscene Canadian taxes)