LFO destination & FX section

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
michaelhef

LFO destination & FX section

Post by michaelhef » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:41 am

Hey guys,

You might be able to help me. I know a little bit about synthesis but I'm no wizard so go easy on me:)

1) I recently got a One and I've tried assigning the mod wheel to control amount of LFO to the cut off for example...For some reason regardless of what I assign it to it's modulating the pitch of the Osc.....?

2) For some reason I seem to only have 1 master effect now. There was 2 last week but It doesn't give me the option for effect 1...??

Any help with this would be great!
M

till

Re: LFO destination & FX section

Post by till » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:29 am

Welcome to the forum!

Starting to learn analog sound synthesis on the Moog One is like learning to fly a plan by sitting in a Concord.

Anyway:
Modulation page to row:
Source: LFO1 or 2 or 3
Controller: Mod Wheel
Transform: None (learn about using these later, as they are quite unique to the Moog One)
Destination Section:SVF or Ladder Filter

Modultion page, same slot, but now the lower row:
Source Amount: Start with 100% and adjust it later to your max modulation amount you would like to get
Controller Amount: Start with 100% and adjust it later to your max modulation amount you would like to get
Transform Amount: does not matter while "None" is selected above
Modulation Destination Parameter: Cutoff

If you still get unwanted Pitch Modulation, check all Modulation slots. And set the LFO 1 AMT knob below the oscillators to zero (12 o´clock position)

The Moog One Manual is very helpful, if read all the waythrough it. Here in Germany I got a german version with my Moog One.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

synthguy

Post by synthguy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:54 pm

If you create a new INIT preset, it always automatically places a modulation path for vibrato at mod lane #1. Erase that path to get rid of it, like Till mentioned.

As far as the effects, you have a choice of stereo or mono sends.
If you press the Effect Type button at the upper left, you'll see the Master Buss Mode at the bottom.
If you set it to Stereo, you can only load one effect. If you set it to Mono, then you can load two (but only one of them can be the premium Eventide effect).
The stereo send does not seem to be working correctly even when set to stereo, along with many other things that are not currently working well with the effects. I've been assured that the Moog Engineers are still developing the software, so hopefully these things will be fixed in the future.
Visit my synthblog...Moogs and more!
Www.synthguy.com

michaelhef

Post by michaelhef » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:28 am

Howeya's

Thanks for the help guys! I have a sub37 so was used to an easier way of assigning the mod wheel as the controller.

I really need a few days to sit down with the One and get to know it:)

Really appreciate the quick response though, no doubt I'll be asking some more questions

Mick