v.1.31 freeze

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
crkcat

v.1.31 freeze

Post by crkcat » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:21 am

Hi all,

I did the 1.30 -1.31 update yesterday. After the installation and the reboot, my 8 voice One hangs when updating the voice cards firmware and never boots. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Iaamusic

Re: v.1.31 freeze

Post by Iaamusic » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:39 am

The first thing I’d try is disconnect any midi, cvs except the fob with the updates on, then repower the one. If you still have a problem, time to drop Moog an urgent line.

Did you use the Moog usb and have your other updTes gone ok?

crkcat

Post by crkcat » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:06 am

Yes, tried everything the last 3 days. Every other update i did was always fine. Dropped a message to Moog last Thursday...

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:02 pm

One final thing, unplug the power socket, leave it a few mins then give it a go. I hope you get something from Moog quickly

crkcat

Post by crkcat » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:33 am

Yes, i really hope they can help. I'm a bit surprised that there's no obvious way to trouble shoot/nothing in the manual.

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:53 am

Agree!!
I have a slight Mod Wheel calibration issue (doesn't quite reset to 0 at minimum point - stays at 1%) and according to one or two others this is not atypical and Moog have a calibration process that they have shared with other affected users - I dropped a line to Moog too so I guess they will share it with me too soon. I think the lack of user calibration is a problem - I imagine their support desk is full of such things from tuning to pot ranges etc. Maybe they were planning to roll out when they achieved the first definitive completed firmware (version 2!) but either way my prophet 6 had user calibration of filters and oscillators from the start.

synthguy

Post by synthguy » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:56 pm

crkcat wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:21 am Hi all,

I did the 1.30 -1.31 update yesterday. After the installation and the reboot, my 8 voice One hangs when updating the voice cards firmware and never boots. Does anyone have a recommendation?
Try holding down the encoder, then turning on the power and continuing to hold down the encoder during boot.
IIRC, this used to bring you to a screen where you could rotate the encoder to select a previous firmware version to boot from. I'm not sure if this is still the case, but maybe worth a try.
Visit my synthblog...Moogs and more!
Www.synthguy.com

crkcat

Post by crkcat » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:03 am

Interesting and thank you. It lets me choose indeed a previous version, sadly it still goes to the 'updating voice controller firmware' and hangs there with a message 'failed enumerating voice cards'...

synthguy

Post by synthguy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:06 am

Sorry, man. I was hoping that a different software rev would be more successful.
There must be a deeper problem somewhere. :(

Good to know that way to select another rev of software is still in there...it got me up and running at one point quite a while ago.
Visit my synthblog...Moogs and more!
Www.synthguy.com

crkcat

Post by crkcat » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:23 pm

update: my One is still in repair. :cry:

williamshenry

Post by williamshenry » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:06 am

Hello all, I tried everything. On other updates was fine. I am happy with it. I dropped a message to Moog.

crkcat

Post by crkcat » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:18 pm

@williamshenry Not sure about what you problem you'Re expericencing! Is it the same?
My Moog one is still (now 3 month later) out for repair. No idea when i'll get it back.

jaybee

Post by jaybee » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:19 am

crkcat wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:18 pm My Moog one is still (now 3 month later) out for repair. No idea when i'll get it back.
Did you send it back to Moog directly for repair? Maybe with the COVID-19 Crisis going on... but still that's a scary story nonetheless!

I have scary story of my own - when I picked up my "new" Moog One - The outside & inside box were pretty beat up, but 3 of the 4 seals on the inside box were still intact - however the damage I found inside had nothing to do with the box:
- There was a "sun bleached" square of 4 inches wide(from a sticker?) on the wooden right flank
- A few deep "scratch/bumps" on the wood in the front under the keyboard
- The edge of the right corner of the metal control surface had "chipped paint"
- On top of that voice 15 was simply not working - only very briefly after a reboot.

It looked like it had been on tour - the box seals can only be "placeed" by Moog themselves according to the distribution
Fortunately the distributor (via the store) in Belgium replaced the unit within 2 days - This time, no damage to the box, all seals intact. Almost everything was OK now - except - this unit also has the "chipped paint " on the edge of the right corner of the metal control surface... but I made a decision to keep it.

alainhubert

Post by alainhubert » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:18 pm

I remember clearly when I bought my brand new Moog Voyager Old School, how I felt looking at the flimsy cardboard box that it came in from the Moog factory. I couldn't believe how cheap that box was considering the price of the synth.
Luckily, the synth itself wasn't damaged, but only by pure luck.

Sadly, after only 6 months of occasional, private studio use and careful maintenance, it became defective (faulty LFO) and had to be sent back to Moog under warranty in that same dreaded box. It came back fixed about a week later, with the box in sorry shape, and the synth had new slight scuff marks on it underneath. Instead of sending it back again, I simply sold it because I could finally get my hands on a vintage Minimoog D. No more new Moog synths for me.

The only Moog stuff I have is that 1975 Minimoog which still works flawlessly.

crkcat

Post by crkcat » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:53 am

My One is now back in my studio and works again - thanks to the german distributor who helped me greatly on this. One or several voice boards had to be replaced afaik. This was a quite heavy experience but stuff happens - i'm just glad to play the One again since i quite like what can be done with it.