Patch change noises

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
Spookymooo

Patch change noises

Post by Spookymooo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:19 pm

Hi... I’ve just received and set up my Moog One 16.
An amazing machine and I have downloaded latest firmware.
Is it normal to hear unwanted audio when changing patches... ok in the studio but not happy about this playing live...
Cheers
Rob

jdkJake

Re: Patch change noises

Post by jdkJake » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:06 pm

Are you referring to Effects artifacts when changing patches with notes sounding?
—jk—

Spookymooo

Post by Spookymooo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:15 pm

Maybe that’s what it is... doesn’t always happen .. depends on the effects status on the earlier patch I guess... just need to be sure that it’s not a fault on my new purchase 🤞

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:01 am

Effects artifacts
I suspect this is it - try defeating the FX on a couple of patches - re save without and try that -

jdkJake

Post by jdkJake » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:43 am

Spookymooo wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:15 pm Maybe that’s what it is... doesn’t always happen .. depends on the effects status on the earlier patch I guess... just need to be sure that it’s not a fault on my new purchase 🤞
That is normal when changing patches that have sustaining voices or sustaining effects. The One always reloads all the the synths and effects engines upon patch change. This has the effect of cutting off the currently playing sound/effect as the engine is reloaded with new parameters, which, can induce audible artifacts.

Ideally, they would implement an option that forces the synths and effects to be completely silenced prior to loading a new patch.
—jk—

Spookymooo

Post by Spookymooo » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:07 pm

Thank you.. very interesting but a nuisance for live work.... I guess a stereo volume pedal will have to be the solution at those critical moments...
Hopefully it can be improved somehow in a future software update
Cheers