Matriach Not Stereo Recording

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
Dr Burgh

Matriach Not Stereo Recording

Post by Dr Burgh » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:45 am

When I play my Matriach through my headphones no problems, but when I record to Logic X through my Focucrite Scarlett, I get a loud left channel and almost nothing on the right channel. All the stereo fx I've set up disappear. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Moog lover.

Markyboard

Re: Matriach Not Stereo Recording

Post by Markyboard » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:27 am

Did you try swapping the channels either at the Voyager or interface? If you did and/or anything else you tried please provide that info. It may help us help you.

Dr Burgh

Post by Dr Burgh » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:44 am

I tried swapping cables, using different inputs on my mixer, and even buying new cables. I found that if I plugged the Matriarch directly into the Scarlett I would get stereo sound. Of course, that takes up those two inputs. Thanks for your reply.
Moog lover.

hieronymous

Post by hieronymous » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:53 am

Dr Burgh wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:44 am I tried swapping cables, using different inputs on my mixer, and even buying new cables. I found that if I plugged the Matriarch directly into the Scarlett I would get stereo sound. Of course, that takes up those two inputs. Thanks for your reply.
Stereo basically is 2-channel. If you want stereo I believe you are going to have to use both outputs from your synth. If you only plug in the Left out, then you will be mono. I just looked at the manual online (I don't have one myself) - it says that they can both work with TRS cables, but each one is still mono. It's on page 8 of the manual:

With the Matriarch MAIN VOLUME knob turned all the way down, plug one end of a 1/4” (TS) instrument cable into the MAIN OUT LEFT (MONO) jack on the rear panel to monitor the instrument in mono. To monitor the instrument in stereo, connect a second 1/4” (TS) instrument cable to the MAIN OUT RIGHT jack on the rear panel.

NOTE: The MAIN OUT jacks will work with both TS and TRS 1/4” cables.

Dr Burgh

Post by Dr Burgh » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:41 pm

Thanks for your reply - FYI - I did read the manual, and followed the instructions, but I had no change until I sacrificed both front inputs to my Scarlett. So be it. Anyway - now I'm in stereo.
Moog lover.