Is this bass possible with Mother 32?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
doksan

Is this bass possible with Mother 32?

Post by doksan » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:57 am

I am new, i can't program my own patch yet.
I wonder if i can get this bass sound with Mother 32.
If i can't get the exact sound, like how many percent i can approach to it?

It's here
https://youtu.be/kXAza14lX2U?t=90

stiiiiiiive

Re: Is this bass possible with Mother 32?

Post by stiiiiiiive » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:16 am

Hi Doksan and welcome.

Do you have a Mother 32? If so, I recommend this: leave the forum and try it with your hands and ears :P

If not, define "percent".

I mean: to me, this is not a matter of measure of the percentage, this is a matter of how close you want to get. Hence my first answer.

Now, for a more down-to-earth answer, I fill the patch you're pointing is made of 2 oscillators, I would say two sawtooth waves one octave apart from each other. Plus the Korg character is not exactly the same as the Moog's one, oscillator wise as well as fitler wise. You can consult an MS-20 panel picture on internet and compare the knob labels to the knob positions seen on the video, if that helps.
At the end of the day, you will use your ears for judging whether you're getting close or not. Back to square one: your ears are deciding.

doksan

Post by doksan » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:59 am

Thanks that helped

jonspace

Post by jonspace » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:31 pm

You can use the LFO as a second oscillator to get closer to that Korg MS-20 patch in the video, but it won't be exact because you're essentially giving up the filter, which plays a big role in that Korg video.

Here is an example of using the LFO as a second OSC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAizgkvZxhY