Recording Moogs

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
nathan1111

Recording Moogs

Post by nathan1111 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:17 am

Hi, and welcome.

Personally, all my analog synths (including my beloved 1975 Minimoog D) are plugged into an analog multi-channel mixer, and then directly to the line input on my Mac Mini. I then use Audacity software to record them. I will occasionally use some external effects like the EHX Cathedral stereo reverb, a Small Stone phaser, and a delay (either the one in the Cathedral or a Boss DD-7).

Hope this helps a little.

Alain.

alainhubert

Re: Recording Moogs

Post by alainhubert » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:34 am

Yeah, I wrote that a while back in response to another post. So why would you create a new topic with my reply under your name?

Do you have a question about it? Do you have an opinion about it? What?
Oh, and welcome to the Moog Forum. :D

BTW, this set-up has changed a bit since that post. I now use a Strymon BigSky (replacing the Cathedral), and my new Mac Mini doesn't have an audio line input anymore, so I have to use an external audio interface (Behringer UMC204HD).

ummagumma

Re: Recording Moogs

Post by ummagumma » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:40 am

yeah, that is a bizarre post!

I normally go Direct thru my interface, into Reaper on my DAW

if recording Voyager in stereo I use a rackmount Sony DPS D7 delay unit, which I like a lot

mono is usually a Fulltone Tube Tape Echo, or Roland SDE 3000. which is cool, as it has modulation

I want to try miking a speaker up, just for some variety. an old Leslie cab here I should fire up