Matriarch advice

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
gtholden

Matriarch advice

Post by gtholden » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:51 pm

Hi everyone.
I just joined the forum and currently have a Minitaur that I love. I’ve always had my heart set on the sub/subsequent 37 to add to the quiver until I played a Matriarch the other day. The keybed and layout combined with the lush sounds made me instantly love it. I really don’t know much about synthesis but know what my ears like:). I will use the synth for live performances and currently send program changes to the Minitaur via a Midi Mongoose. I know I can’t do that with the Matriarch but should this be a deal breaker for the Matriarch? I mean people played for a long time with the Minimoog without presets. Just wondering for those who are proficient in the area if I’m worrying too much about it? Also, I’ve heard there might be an editor in the works for the Matriarch for global settings but wonder if presets could be stored for non-patchable sounds like on the Minitaur?

Thanks for your time.

misterpete

Re: Matriarch advice

Post by misterpete » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:37 pm

if we get an editor/librarian for the Matriarch at all it will probably be for sequences, and global settings -there's no preset saving, personally, I wouldn't let that stop me because I far prefer the Matriarch but ultimately it's a choice you have to make for yourself.
if you really want presets, and can still find one the voyagers are really lovely too or maybe a grandmother paired with a Sirin ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ might be a good solution for you
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

gtholden

Re: Matriarch advice

Post by gtholden » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:27 pm

Thanks for the advice! I found a subsequent 37 for a good price and went for it. Now trying to learn it. Got it for a good enough price I can get my money out of I decide it won’t work out.