Sub 37: Editor Librarian not connecting to hardware

Everything Sub.
bryantabuteau

Sub 37: Editor Librarian not connecting to hardware

Post by bryantabuteau » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:38 am

Hey, just got a Sub 37 (already had a Sub Phatty). Downloaded and installed the midi drivers and the standalone Sub 37 editor.
Connected hardware via USB cable to computer (not via a hub). Hardware shows up.
Open editor, setup page shows it's connected to Sub 37 midi input and output.

Clicking on a button on the editor reflects on the hardware. Clicking on a button on the hardware reflects on the editor.
So far all good.

Librarian Page in editor:
Clicking on a patch in the preset folders to the left sends that patch to the hardware and it works fine.
The Hardware Presets section to the right is blank with a 'Hardware Disconnected' message.
Clicking 'Get' in the Hardware Presets sits for a second, then repeats the Hardware Disconnected message.

Now clearly, the hardware isn't disconnected, the rest of the application seems to know this and understand it, but how do I get that part of the librarian to see the hardware?

Anyone have any ideas?

GilW

Re: Sub 37: Editor Librarian not connecting to hardware

Post by GilW » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:34 am

Bryan,

I estimate this as being a setup/installation related. I'll contact you shortly with detailed steps as for how to troubleshoot this,

Gil
Gil Weinstock
QA & Beta Lead
moog music inc.

bryantabuteau

Post by bryantabuteau » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:25 pm

Cheers, will go attempt that process.

bryantabuteau

Post by bryantabuteau » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:20 pm

After running through all the steps, everything is functioning 100% now, cheers.

redlester

Post by redlester » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:03 am

GilW wrote:Bryan,

I estimate this as being a setup/installation related. I'll contact you shortly with detailed steps as for how to troubleshoot this,

Gil
Gil

I wonder, could you send the detailed steps to myself, as I am having this exact same problem on my Mac Mini after upgrading the OS from High Sierra to Mojave.

Am well aware the editor and hardware work fine with Mojave, as it works no problem with my MacBook Pro which had a clean Mojave install on it and then had the editor software installed afterwards. I've been suspecting I may have to do a complete wipe and re-install of my Mac Mini which I could obviously do without if there are any other ways around the problem.

Thanks in advance.

GilW

Post by GilW » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:21 pm

Sure,

Please contact [email protected], or send me a PM with your details to contact back.
Gil Weinstock
QA & Beta Lead
moog music inc.

Dugrok

Post by Dugrok » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:36 pm

Hello Gil,

I'm also having this problem.

Would it be possible to post the solution here? I'll also send an email, but I figured it might be useful to others if it were available here.

Thanks in advance!

buzzard

Post by buzzard » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:49 pm

I'm having this issue and can't find anything. Sent an email but last time it took a few weeks before I got a response.

Montfrooij

Post by Montfrooij » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:02 am

Not sure if you are facing the same problem as I was, but I have written a blogpost about the solution.
In short : install the new midi driver.
For more info :
http://www.tricks-and-tips.nl/music-pro ... re-message