How to get tech support for Sub37?

Everything Sub.
ObtuseMoose

How to get tech support for Sub37?

Post by ObtuseMoose » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:28 pm

What's the best way to get tech support for my Sub37?

The Osc 2 Octave switch has stopped working, switching to different positions has no effect. I tried the "Init Settings" option in the Global menu, which didn't fix the problem. I'd like to find out if there are any other "secret factory reset" sequences I could try, or troubleshooting steps to determine if it's simply a failed switch or some other component failure. If it's a failed switch, I have the tools and skills to replace it myself (if I can source the part), but I don't want to open up the synth until I've exhausted other diagnostics.

I sent an email to [email protected] almost 2 weeks ago, got the automated reply that said they received it, but got no other response. I sent a followup reply email this weekend and still no response. Is that email address still monitored by Moog?

--
Moose

stiiiiiiive

Re: How to get tech support for Sub37?

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:32 am

I've read sometimes that phoning MoogMusic had been more efficient than mails. Hope this helps!

ObtuseMoose

Re: How to get tech support for Sub37?

Post by ObtuseMoose » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:58 pm

After 3 weeks of no response, I decided to try the "Talk to Us" link on the moogmusic.com website. That opens up a real-time chat window, presumably with Moog customer support. After a couple minute's wait, Jared came on and I explained my octave switch problem. He said it was very likely the switch itself failed and would need to be replaced. I explained that I could replace it if I could get the part. He suggested that if I was going to open it up to replace the Osc2 switch, I should also replace the Osc1 switch at the same time. He offered to send the 2 replacements to me at no charge. 3 days later the switches showed up in my mailbox.

Later the same day I used the chat feature, I got an email reply (from a different support person) to my original (email) request. Don't know if it had gotten hung up in their system, or if my chat with Jared drew attention to it.

In any case, kudos to Jared and Moog for quick action on the request via chat, but a stern frowny face to the slow response to the email request. Next time, I'll either start with the chat or take stiiiiiiive's advice and call them on the phone.