MOOG not recognizing new firmware file

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
paddy ryan

MOOG not recognizing new firmware file

Post by paddy ryan » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:40 pm

I have firmware 1.2.0 on my usb stick, but when I try to update firmware I am getting a "no firmware files found" error.

I can import the new presets off the usb stick, as well as back up my user space. I can see the firmware file on the stick, in root directory, on my computer. But MOOG One cant recognize it.

Hmmmm...... is the update working for anyone else? My update to 1.1 went fine....

Rokatansky

Re: MOOG not recognizing new firmware file

Post by Rokatansky » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:36 pm

Worked perfect here.
Be sure to have your USB Fat formated and the firmware right on it (out of any folder)

VocoVacca

Post by VocoVacca » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:46 pm

My 1.2.0 update worked perfectly as well. Even smoother than the 1.1 update.
Odd that the new presets imported okay, but not the firmware update. That indicates the USB stick is okay. Are you sure the update unzipped properly, and the correct file got on the USB stick? The unzipped filename is: moog-one-v1.2.0
Moog One 16, Matriarch, Mother-32, Subharmonicon, DFAM, Mavis, SubPhatty; Nord Wave 2, Nord Drum 3; ASM Hydrasynth; Teenage Engineering POM-400; Yamaha P-140 piano.

noisebit

Post by noisebit » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:49 pm

My update to 1.2.0 is done perfectly.
Did you tried the update as Moog describe?
I used the empty USB Stick from Moog, delivered with the Synth.
Unzipped the files on my computer and copied the firmware file
and the presets into the root directory of the stick.
Put the stick into the slot and After that switch the Moog on, so the
stick will be recognized.
Thats it.

Best regards.
Moog One 16/NL C15/Waldorf Iridium/Prophet XL/Prophet 10 D/Prophet rev2 16/OB-X8/OB 6 D/2600/VC 340/Kurzweil PC3K7/Kurzweil 2500R/Access Virus TI2/Reason/NI Ultimate/Logic X

TabbyCatte

Post by TabbyCatte » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:09 pm

This exact thing happened to me - what I did was remove the USB stick, re-insert it, wait a moment and try again. Then the firmware file showed up. For some reason it wouldn't recognize it if it was plugged in on boot, but hot-plugging it made it show up.

jdkJake

Post by jdkJake » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:46 pm

I am having the same issue. Very odd as all the presets, sequences, etc are visible.

I have not had any issues with any other firmware version update. This includes the previous five updates (1.01,.02,.03,.04 and 1.10). I am still using the stick that came with the One.I even put the previous version on the stick and it cannot see any of them, so, something odd is happening.

Very odd indeed.
—jk—

jdkJake

Post by jdkJake » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:06 pm

I thinned out the stick with just the firmware files (deleted all the patch saves and stuff) and it was able to see it once I did that.

For grins I added all the patch saves and stuff back to the stick and all still seems okay.

Very odd. My stick is hovering around the 1Gbyte mark, might have been more before the thinning/rebuild. Wonder if there is anything there.

Regardless, I am back in business and in the middle of the update.
—jk—

Midiguy4u

Post by Midiguy4u » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:34 am

This should work:
1- Use the USB stick that came with the Moog-One
Its already formatted. I tried 2 other brands, properly fat-formatted, none of them got recognized by the ONE.
2- Do one thing at a time: Don't load anything else on your Moog thumb drive, download the firmware update, transfer the file only to the thumb drive, NOT the folder!
3- Plug in the thumb drive hot. Don't boot up the ONE with the thumb drive in it.
4- Then follow the easy update function cued on the screen.
5- After you have restarted the ONE AFTER the firmware has been successfully updated, then you can load up the
optional new patches, again, NOT the folder.
Moog System 55 with controller.Synthesizers Studio System 110 with controller, Voyager XL, (9) Moogerfoogers,(3) Mothers, (2)500-series Ladder filters, (2) 500-series analog delays. [img]fullmodular.jpg[/img]

Oxix52

Post by Oxix52 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:05 pm

Mine wasn't being recognized either. It worked after I re-formatted the Moog USB stick to FAT instead of FAT32.

MWK

Post by MWK » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:13 pm

Make sure you don't have any other firmware file on the same USB. I had 1.1.0 and had to delete it before the Moog One 'found' the newer firmware. Hope that helps!

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:43 pm

Make sure you don't have any other firmware file on the same USB

I use the stick Moog sent in the box, I have all the firmware files on (just the files not the folders) and when i go to update firmware it sees them all and allows me to choose which one I want - works perfectly.

MWK

Post by MWK » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:38 am

Iaamusic wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:43 pm
Make sure you don't have any other firmware file on the same USB

I use the stick Moog sent in the box, I have all the firmware files on (just the files not the folders) and when i go to update firmware it sees them all and allows me to choose which one I want - works perfectly.
Weird, mine didn't work until I removed all other firmware updates.

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:32 am

That is odd, I just have the firmware files and I think that’s useful if you want to go back easily. I use a separate stick for presets which I centrally store on my Mac and copy to the stick to add to the One - although I don’t use many presets at all, with the exception of some of the “classic” ones that Geosynths did. Some of those were great starting points.

Janek

Post by Janek » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:45 am

Has anyone noticed that firmware 1.2 has changed the FX parameters, especially Delay? I have to set it again ...

vance

Post by vance » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:16 pm

I just bought a used Moog One and had this issue. Here's what I learned along the way:

The person I bought the Moog One from had lost the original USB drive. Large USB drives cannot be formatted FAT or FAT32. The Moog One is able to read a FAT32 drive, but the manual says FAT, so I formatted a small (2GB) USB drive to FAT. Being small and formatted using FAT/FAT32 seem to be the only things special about the Moog One USB drive.

The manual is not clear about this, but you should not just put the zip file on the USB drive. I did not, but I expect some may have. Instead I put the folder named Moog One Firmware v1.2.0 on the USB drive. This was also wrong. I needed to put the file inside the folder (called moog-one-v1.2.0) into the root (top level) directory of the USB drive. The Moog One will only find the firmware update file if it is in the root directory. I hope someone finds this helpful.

-Vance