LOVE the Minitaur computer editor / DAW plugin - Other Moog synths have this?!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Jt3Jon

LOVE the Minitaur computer editor / DAW plugin - Other Moog synths have this?!

Post by Jt3Jon » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:30 pm

I recently purchased a Moog Minitaur and LOVE IT, Especially the wonderful software editor / DAW plugin that comes with it! BRILLIANT! Its actually making me consider selling my SlimPhatty and buying something else that also has a moog developed computer editor, as its such a joy to use.

I have the old "Moog little phatty" software and its such a pain to use in comparison to having access to the minitaur right in my DAW, able to make changes and automate parameters, etc. Is there a way to get this type of functionality with my Slim Phatty? If not, which moog that does come with an editor like the minitaur should I be looking at?

Thanks!

misterpete

Re: LOVE the Minitaur computer editor / DAW plugin - Other Moog synths have this?!

Post by misterpete » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:15 pm

SIRIN!

has the same Editor with a different faceplate

I WISH Moog would do the Slim Phatty, too… SoundTower updated the Voyager Editor for Caalina which has a nice RandomGenerator feature… but i LOVE the Minitaur and SIRIN editor/librarians!

would be super cool if we could save Matriarch and GRANDMOTHER SEQUENCES in a Librarian - or sysex MIDI files … is that already doable? …does anyone know?
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

bichuelo

Re: LOVE the Minitaur computer editor / DAW plugin - Other Moog synths have this?!

Post by bichuelo » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:37 pm

Sub Phatty and Subsequen 37 do have similar editors

The Sub Phatty actually fits like a glove inside Ableton Live. You can use Push's after touch feature to change the Moog's Cutoff right away, and add a M4L device for extra LFO and envelopes
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra