Grandmother: How to always send a Clock?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
goatofneptune

Grandmother: How to always send a Clock?

Post by goatofneptune » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:10 pm

Hi there,
I noticed that the GM only sends a Clock signal when the ARP/Seq is playing and a note is pressed. This is stupid if you want to sync other synths like the DFAM with the GM and want the GM to be the master, not the slave. Is there a way to change this? In the manual there is only an option to leave out the Start/Stop-Signals from MIDI, but this doesnt help. So far, the GM is only usable as a slave to MIDI Clock or CV-Clock. Or am I missing something?

mingwingming

Re: Grandmother: How to always send a Clock?

Post by mingwingming » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:56 pm

Same problem here using Cubase..

I can sync the GM to and from Cubase fine, but now I am trying to sync my DFAM from GM but the only way to get the dfam to work is by having the arpeggio on and note pressed, am I doing something wrong ? I just want to press play or record in Cubase and it to trigger the DFAM via the GM..

I have tried a variety of clock options from the GM manual but no go

Help please. :D

:roll: :roll: :roll:
DFAM - GRANDMOTHER - Dreadbox NYX - Yamaha AN1X - MFB Tanzmaus - Maschine MK3 - Cubase Pro (tons of plugs)

ibycus

Post by ibycus » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:59 pm

Just created an account to chime in.

I'm trying to figure this out too. I want to send the clock from Ableton through the grandmother and out to other things without the ARP.

Anyone figured this out?

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:55 pm

I works fine here using good ol' MIDI Thru

Just press play on Push and Mother-32 starts to roll, without engaging Grandmother's arpreggiator
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

electricmonk

Post by electricmonk » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:34 am

Same issue here. Macbook Pro serving as clock master, Grandmother gets midi clock fine, but only sends stuff on clock out when the arpeggiator is on. Anyone managed to change that?

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:59 pm

Does it work now on firmware 1.0.6?
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

mingwingming

Post by mingwingming » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:50 pm

okay i have just tried the new firmware and this is what i get.

I am syncing the Grandmother from Cubase (usb MIDI) and then clock out from GM to DFAM

You can now send a permanent clock out from the Grandmother to DFAM - so what ever tempo is set in your master in my case cubase it picks up the tempo - what it doesnt do is trigger a stop \ start !! so on the dfam i press run stop and it just carries on going even if i stop cubase.. (maybe i'm missing something)

If i change the Global setting in GM to trigger the clock out using the arpeggiator using Cubase as my master - it triggers the dfam only when holding the keys down and the arp is on , if i select hold it then permantly triggers until i press stop in cubase.
DFAM - GRANDMOTHER - Dreadbox NYX - Yamaha AN1X - MFB Tanzmaus - Maschine MK3 - Cubase Pro (tons of plugs)