Moog One FEATURE Requests

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
PhilAiken

Re: Moog One FEATURE Requests

Post by PhilAiken » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:35 am

On the main page when you call up a patch, the 4 knobs under the display are inactive.
It would be amazing if they were assignable mod sources, available to all 3 synths. The possibilities are endless. Bring one synth up while lowering another.Bring in an LFO and sweep a filter on one synth, while adding resonance to another - all with one knob turn.

mildwest

Post by mildwest » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:55 am

PhilAiken wrote:On the main page when you call up a patch, the 4 knobs under the display are inactive.
It would be amazing if they were assignable mod sources, available to all 3 synths. The possibilities are endless. Bring one synth up while lowering another.Bring in an LFO and sweep a filter on one synth, while adding resonance to another - all with one knob turn.
I like this. Nord has a similar function on their synths.

meister_philipp

Post by meister_philipp » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:43 am

Hi there,

would be great to have control over fx parameters in the mod matrix. I use this a lot on the deepmind, creates great effects if you can control e.g. reverb time with an lfo (I was acutally surprised, that this is not possible yet on the ONE).

At least having the two Synth FX parameter knobs in the mod matrix would be cool.

Philipp

Bobbyjoebob

Post by Bobbyjoebob » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:55 pm

Would love to have MIDI CC control over the additional parameters within the MORE menu’s.

Then you could have more direct physical control over deeper parameters you may want to modulate by hand (ie SVF spacing or envelope delay or hold).

artofmoog

Post by artofmoog » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:21 am

Here's a humble feature request: an option to have RELATIVE PITCHES IN THE SEQUENCER, so the sequencer almost crosses over into programmable arpeggiator territory.

Let's say you record a sequence with just two pitches, a major third apart. Currently it's stored with absolute pitch info that is transposed during playback, but the interval between them is absolutely fixed. That is good sometimes, but less good for diatonic transpositions where you'd really want the major 3rd to become a minor 3rd.

I dream of a sequencer mode that just looks at the total number of different pitches used in the recorded pattern, and interprets them as being relatively, arbitrarily higher or lower than one another, rather than fixed to specific notes or intervals. Then on sequencer playback you'd play the notes you wanted to hear, and the sequencer would trigger them according to that arbitrary, non-absolute higher/lower pattern. If you played fewer notes than there were degrees of pitch, the sequencer would 'wrap' them round, repeating some of the lower ones.

I remember this feature from a Casio keyboard of the early 80s which was terrible in every other way, and have never seen it on any synth since. But it's musically really useful, and it struck me as something that could fit into the Moog One 'advanced' ethos very nicely.

bruno_z

Post by bruno_z » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:58 am

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but as I am getting increasingly frustrated with the voice allocation logic (despite the 16v), I would really like a bit more control on it, in particular for patches with long releases.
For instance, there is a lot of long release stealing that could be much more graceful if the priority was to cut the same note if it is already playing, instead of cutting another one and having the same note overlapping with its own release. I can understand why it can be good sometimes, but in my experience most of the time I would not mind reusing the same voice when retriggering the same note, instead of cutting the long release of another note.
That could potentially be implemented as another option like "prioritise same note stealing" in Polyphony / More, on top of the highest / lowest / oldest / most recent.
You can even finesse that further by stealing the notes with the closest harmonic content ("prioritise similar note stealing"), like octaves or fifths. That's only realistically doable if the patch is roughly harmonic of course.
The One is all about control, so having that would be I think a great addition, especially for 8v versions I imagine.

till

Post by till » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:45 pm

bruno_z wrote:...
For instance, there is a lot of long release stealing that could be much more graceful if the priority was to cut the same note if it is already playing, instead of cutting another one and having the same note overlapping with its own release. I can understand why it can be good sometimes, but in my experience most of the time I would not mind reusing the same voice when retriggering the same note, instead of cutting the long release of another note.
I second you 100%!
"Stealing" the note you just play again is something we all know from acoustic instruments like church organs and pianos. But also on all e-pianos.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

SanhajiMusic

Post by SanhajiMusic » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:12 pm

SEQUENCER

The possibility:
to set a starting point somewhere in a sequence
define a loop somewhere in a sequence
to move individual notes
Move all notes
to copy the Arpeggiator to the sequencer

OSC

The possibility:
To copy and paste the OSC Settings to another OSC

PRESETS

The possibility:
To save Timbres in a list and not only in a Preset.
To load timbres from a list to a synth
To copy synth 1 to Synth 2 and so on.

till

Post by till » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:52 am

SanhajiMusic wrote:...PRESETS

The possibility:
You can load any timbre of a preset into any of the three synths of the active preset right now (page 119, last paragraph). So I don't see why this would improve the Moog One.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

SanhajiMusic

Post by SanhajiMusic » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:15 pm

till wrote:
SanhajiMusic wrote:...PRESETS

The possibility:
You can load any timbre of a preset into any of the three synths of the active preset right now (page 119, last paragraph). So I don't see why this would improve the Moog One.

Hey
a preset always contains the information of all 3 synths and i do not want to search for timbres in the presets.
For me timbres are the actual presets of the synth.
Presets are the state of the whole Moog one.

for example:
if i want to have a bassdrum to play in synth 1 and in synth 2 a noise and in synth 3 a bass sound then i could look for this timbres in a list that i put together by myself. That would be much better than looking around in the presets.

Bobbyjoebob

Post by Bobbyjoebob » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:50 pm

Here’s a request:

If you have “HOLD” enabled and trigger a note on the keyboard, would be great if the keyboard continued to send out the MIDI note once you released the keys.

Right now midi note only sends while the keys are pressed, and a note off message appears to be sent when keys are released, even with HOLD enabled.

vwizz

Post by vwizz » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:17 am

Hello,
Just chiming in to refresh 3 requests of mine.

1. Any news about release velocity as a modulation source? It would be great to dynamically set the release times. Something I do a lot on my A6 and DM12 :)

2. Could Pan Spread be a modulation destination? Increasing the Pan Spread during the attack phase of a pad sounds fantastic:)

3. Could it be possible to control the “ON” on a synth part by a pedal switch or any other foot device?
My use-case is the following:
I have a 3 synth parts patch with bass on left hand, and a gliding chord superimposed with a lead on the right hand.
The gliding chord part has “HOLD” on.
As soon as I strike a chord, I turn the gliding chord part off so that my right hand plays lead over the chord which remains.
Then I turn it “ON” again and strike a new chord, and so on...
—> the problem is that today I need to stop playing bass with my left hand to do that...

—> could a pedal switch (or any other device) command the “ON/OFF” of the synth part?
That would be awesome :)

Hoping that the development effort on this fantastic synth goes on :)
Cheers!

audiosampling

Post by audiosampling » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:23 am

Add a new mode for the X/Y touch pad: bipolar relative, where the zero is the initial coordinates where your finger hits the pad. This means that 1/ the initial hit will never send a signal, only motion of the finger does 2/ range will be increased compared to the current bipolar mode, because you can hit any pad corner first (not the center).

Synthient Sound

Post by Synthient Sound » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:25 pm

audiosampling wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:23 am Add a new mode for the X/Y touch pad: bipolar relative, where the zero is the initial coordinates where your finger hits the pad. This means that 1/ the initial hit will never send a signal, only motion of the finger does 2/ range will be increased compared to the current bipolar mode, because you can hit any pad corner first (not the center).
I'd really like to see this relative mode implemented...it would be very helpful. I can't ever hit the center exactly and the edges are very uneven in feel and response. A relative mode would greatly improve the usefulness of the pad.

audiosampling

Post by audiosampling » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:42 am

Synthient Sound wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:25 pm
audiosampling wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:23 am Add a new mode for the X/Y touch pad: bipolar relative, where the zero is the initial coordinates where your finger hits the pad.(...)
I'd really like to see this relative mode implemented...it would be very helpful. I can't ever hit the center exactly and the edges are very uneven in feel and response. A relative mode would greatly improve the usefulness of the pad.
Exactly. And it would kind of emulate the CS80 ribbon strip, where it too made it relative to where the finger initially hits the ribbon (which indeed makes a lot of sense).