Minitaur Audio In Problem

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
lsvargasa

Minitaur Audio In Problem

Post by lsvargasa » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:12 pm

Hi guys! Im new to the Moog Family. I just purchased a second hand Minitaur and I think it has a problem.
If I play the Minitaur with a Midi controller and route the Midi information and sound through the Out Jack of the Minitaur to Ableton everything works fine.

But, If I intend to use the Minitaur as an External Fx unit with my daw I just cant get any sound of it.
At first I thought that Something was wrong with my Ableton configuration, so I used the Minitaur as an external synth with my Grandmother (audio out from the grandmother to minitaur audio in and minitour audio out to speakers) and nothing. Tryed to used it as an external synth with a Bass guitar with the same configuration and nothing. No audio at all.

If I used the Minitaur as an instrument with an external midi keyboard hooked up and the out jack worked fine, im thinking that the In jack of the unit is having a problem.

Anyone has experienced something like this? Am I missing something?

ummagumma

Re: Minitaur Audio In Problem

Post by ummagumma » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:47 am

I'll give this a shot with mine, and get back to you

till

Re: Minitaur Audio In Problem

Post by till » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:24 am

You are sure to send a note to the Minitaur or gave it an external analog gate voltage to open the VCA to hear an external signal going into the Minitaur? And us may sustain on the VCA envelope for best S/N ratio.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16