Sub Phatty volume issue

Everything Sub.
Crystaloil

Sub Phatty volume issue

Post by Crystaloil » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:08 am

I've got a brand new sub phatty and it's all great but there's one thing I don't understand and it's making it a bit difficult to use on gigs.
When I switch between presets the volume leaps up dramatically - and sometimes it still comes out deafeningly loud even with the master volume knob at zero. This is really baffling me.
Anyone else had this problem and/or know how to fix it?

till

Re: Sub Phatty volume issue

Post by till » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:28 pm

When you recall a patch, the stored volume parameter will not match the physical position of the volume knob. And depending on your sound (bright, very much filtered, etc) you end up with different volume of a sound.

So you need to recall the sounds, change the volume to your on stage needs, and store it again.

Or use the "hidden" GLOBAL PARAMETER "USE PRESET VOLUME" and set it to "Ignore Preset Volume Level". See the manual for this. It is on page 35 in the version I got here.
This will not recall a sound with the stored volume level, but with the physical volume knob level.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

Crystaloil

Post by Crystaloil » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:55 pm

Thanks so much for that!

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:20 pm

I wish the Little Phatty had that option too.