Some bugs (sequencer)

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
SanhajiMusic

Some bugs (sequencer)

Post by SanhajiMusic » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:02 pm

Here is a new list of some sequencer bugs.

In my case, Ableton is live the DAW that sends the midi synchronization

1. The sequencer does not start at the beginning when I start my DAW.
It starts where it last stopped

2. only the sequencer of synth 1 starts when I press play in my daw.
Synth 2 and 3 do not start.

GilW

Re: Some bugs (sequencer)

Post by GilW » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:43 am

Hello SanhajiMusic,

For any Synth to respond to Start/Stop messages, on the Global->Midi Control menu:
- Set Receive Midi Clock to the receiving Midi port
- Set Receive Midi Start/Stop to On
- For any Synth you wish to respond to Start/Stop, set Sync to On on the Sequencer More page. Also turn Sequencer On, of course.
- Multiselect the Synths that you wish to respond to Start/Stop, and push Play
- On Ableton's Preferences page, make sure the One's port is currently active, and turn Sync On

Starting/Stopping Live should now Start/Stop the Sequencers.

The One is listening to SPP, so the Sequencers either starting from zero or not, is depended on what your Live project does.

Of course, always use the latest firmware version available.

PS: Just to let everyone know, we're tracing all of your reports and processing them constantly, even if not always taking a part in the actual threads, so please keep on posting.

Hope it helps!
Gil Weinstock
QA & Beta Lead
moog music inc.

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:31 am

Gil,

Great to see a Moog presence here, very reassuring. Please keep it up!

Ian

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:20 am

Just to let everyone know, we're tracing all of your reports and processing them constantly, even if not always taking a part in the actual threads, so please keep on posting.
Excellent - we know you're working hard on finalising the feature set and stamping those annoying bugs - its a great instrument and folks on here have some great ideas for enhancements as well as insights for the developers to get the firmware where it needs to be. Getting the CV outs fully implemented is one of mine as well as getting the FX completed.

Ian

:D :D

SanhajiMusic

Post by SanhajiMusic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:04 pm

GilW wrote:Hello SanhajiMusic,

For any Synth to respond to Start/Stop messages, on the Global->Midi Control menu:
- Set Receive Midi Clock to the receiving Midi port
- Set Receive Midi Start/Stop to On
- For any Synth you wish to respond to Start/Stop, set Sync to On on the Sequencer More page. Also turn Sequencer On, of course.
- Multiselect the Synths that you wish to respond to Start/Stop, and push Play
- On Ableton's Preferences page, make sure the One's port is currently active, and turn Sync On

Starting/Stopping Live should now Start/Stop the Sequencers.

The One is listening to SPP, so the Sequencers either starting from zero or not, is depended on what your Live project does.

Of course, always use the latest firmware version available.

PS: Just to let everyone know, we're tracing all of your reports and processing them constantly, even if not always taking a part in the actual threads, so please keep on posting.

Hope it helps!

Hey

Thanks for your answer.

I Just realized i only have this problem with Midi sync from the Midi input (DIN)
With USB SYNC its work fine like you say but i dont use the USB Midi because i sync the Moog one with a external midi clock. :-(

Regards
Brian

GilW

Post by GilW » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:44 pm

I rechecked this and can see no issue. Try setting Receive Midi Clock to DIN.
Gil Weinstock
QA & Beta Lead
moog music inc.

SanhajiMusic

Post by SanhajiMusic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:12 pm

Thank you for your help. we are getting closer to the problem.

For explanation:
I use a hardware drum synth of Elektron as midi clock for everything in my studio.
Ableton is master and my Elektron hardware (analog rytm) is slave.
The Elektron hardware sends the midi clock to all further devices in the studio.

I have now managed that all sequencer of the moog one run the same.

With the analog rytm I have 2 different midi clock send settings:
1. Clock & Transport (the setting i use normally)
2. Song position

When I set clock and transport, I have the problem that the moog one does not get a "start at beginning" signal and the sequencer always starts where it stopped the last time. Old problem !!

With the setting "song position" this works but as soon as I set a loop in ableton he swallowed every time at the beginning of the loops the first note.
This settings works if i dont use a loop on Ableton because if i stop ableton he sends the actually song position to the ONE.
If you stop ableton the song position i always in the beginning of the DAW. this sets the sequencers to 1.

but normally he should start from the beginning when he receives midi clock. it works in any case with all other devices in my studio only the moog one does not work.

Even though I try the Arturia Beatstep Pro as a midi clock source, this does not work with the moog one.

GilW

Post by GilW » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:31 am

Since it does look like a support kind of call after all, I'd suggest that we go on on email. I'll send you the details as a PM shortly.

Thanks!
Gil Weinstock
QA & Beta Lead
moog music inc.