Moog One FEATURE Requests

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
bruno_z

Re: Moog One FEATURE Requests

Post by bruno_z » Wed May 22, 2019 8:20 pm

Would loooove to have the filters keyboard tracking parameter as a mod dest.
Put that on the exp pedal and that allows you to balance the presence of left and right hand while playing, great to emphasize one vs the other.
Of course, that can be approximated by using 2 synths and controlling the cutoff in opposite directions, but that doesn't sound as fluid while the hands move around, uses up one synth slot, need to duplicate the synths params etc.

SandyS1

Post by SandyS1 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:16 am

Apologies if I missed this one in my quick read-through of both the manual and this thread, but:

Global LFO mode: change an LFO from per-voice to per-synth.

SandyS1

Post by SandyS1 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:43 pm

A compressor would be a welcome addition to the effects, both at the synth and master level.

SanhajiMusic

Post by SanhajiMusic » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:08 pm

1. a performance page on the screen would be cool. It would be nice if you could assign the 4 control knobs under the screen to the cutoff of the 3 synths, for example.
I like to create sequencings that consist of the 3 synths at the same time and currently have to jump back and forth between the synths to make changes.

till

Post by till » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:50 am

I am missing a quick way to disable the left hand and pedal inputs for instruments when doing some splitting and layering.
Doing splits and layers is so easy to do, but they simply forgot to address the lefthand and pedal inputs. No one needs to have the modwheel to be active on both sides of a keyboard split at all times. And editing each sound to adapt this not really as user friendly as setting up the splits and layers.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

GEOSynths

Post by GEOSynths » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:54 am

As others have mentioned.

1. FX Parameters as Modulation Destination.
2. Envelope Multitrigger doesn't always trigger.
3. Triggering Sequence from Key often misses the first note.
4. Oscilloscope waveforms move when being modulated.
5. Sort background noise of FX
6. Add Compression/Limiting FX.
7. Phasers need to be Stereo.
8. When using negative Filter amounts, have option for velocity to open the filter the harder you play, instead of reversing.

OrganKane

Post by OrganKane » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:40 pm

+1 to this! Monophonic LFO would be great.
SandyS1 wrote:Apologies if I missed this one in my quick read-through of both the manual and this thread, but:

SandyS1

Post by SandyS1 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:18 pm

A slew property on the S&H mode on LFOs would be really nice. It's great for introducing subtle, organic movement.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:32 am

SandyS1 wrote:A slew property on the S&H mode on LFOs would be really nice. It's great for introducing subtle, organic movement.
Hi SandyS1,

Is the SMOOTHING parameter, found in each of the LFOs' MORE Pages, not working for you?

Because that's exactly what it does for whichever waveshape is selected.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

PhilAiken

Post by PhilAiken » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:56 am

SandyS1 wrote:Apologies if I missed this one in my quick read-through of both the manual and this thread, but:

I've been bringing this up for a while. A global envelope would be welcome to. My current workaround is to use an external LFO via CV, and if/when we can SEND an LFO out from the One via CV you can send one in from synth 2 set to mono, but really it would be nice to have it right there.

PhilAiken

Post by PhilAiken » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:15 am

SanhajiMusic wrote:1. a performance page on the screen would be cool. It would be nice if you could assign the 4 control knobs under the screen to the cutoff of the 3 synths, for example.
I like to create sequencings that consist of the 3 synths at the same time and currently have to jump back and forth between the synths to make changes.
I am a fan of this idea. Performance knob 1,2,3, and 4 could be a mod source in the matrix and hence assignable to multiple parameters if desired. As it stands now, on the main page when you call up a patch those knobs are not active. So even without a separate page, they could come up as active to whatever they had been assigned.
They would necessarily affect all synths (if assigned there) but this is the case for the touchpad, mod wheel, etc., so there is some logical precedent.

PhilAiken

Post by PhilAiken » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:34 am

GEOSynths wrote:As others have mentioned.

1. FX Parameters as Modulation Destination.
2. Envelope Multitrigger doesn't always trigger.
3. Triggering Sequence from Key often misses the first note.
4. Oscilloscope waveforms move when being modulated.
5. Sort background noise of FX
6. Add Compression/Limiting FX.
7. Phasers need to be Stereo.
8. When using negative Filter amounts, have option for velocity to open the filter the harder you play, instead of reversing.
I am not entirely sure I understand #8, but if I do, doesn't this work?
Turn velocity off in the envelope more windows.
Have the envelope set to negatively affect the filter cutoff as desired.
Assign velocity separately in the mod matrix to positively affect the filter cutoff.

Perhaps I misunderstand what you mean there.

SandyS1

Post by SandyS1 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:49 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:
SandyS1 wrote:A slew property on the S&H mode on LFOs would be really nice. It's great for introducing subtle, organic movement.
Hi SandyS1,

Is the SMOOTHING parameter, found in each of the LFOs' MORE Pages, not working for you?

Because that's exactly what it does for whichever waveshape is selected.
Derp. I was fixated on the VARIATION parameter, and never scrolled down far enough.

till

Post by till » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:25 am

To get one global LFO per synth:
Switch SYNC on.
NOTE-ON RESET to on.
Set MASTER CLOCK and SYNC DIVISION to your like.
If you use DELAY, FADE-IN or FADE-OUT, the LFO will be act like a global LFO, but with the LFO amplitude acting per voice.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

mildwest

Post by mildwest » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:17 am

till wrote:

To get one global LFO per synth:
Switch SYNC on.
NOTE-ON RESET to on.
Set MASTER CLOCK and SYNC DIVISION to your like.
If you use DELAY, FADE-IN or FADE-OUT, the LFO will be act like a global LFO, but with the LFO amplitude acting per voice.
Nice tip!