Why CAPTCHA - its so annoying

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Analog Prophet

Why CAPTCHA - its so annoying

Post by Analog Prophet » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:29 am

Why that silly CAPTCHA when posting at the forum nowadays? It’s so annoying and kills a joyful and creative discussion of a subject. Too frequently I miss details of the pictures and have to redo it over and over again - absolutly annoying :cry: Please, get rid of that moment!.

Yes, I’m aware of protection, but to screen off too much will hold back even good things. At least, make the process more simple.

... or perhaps it’s just me, but it makes it hard to me to be forced to play silly games - I hate games! But I love Moog instruments and to be able to talk about and discuss such things, to be helpful and answer questions as well as ask for help. The annoying CAPTCHA game holds that joy back...

till

Re: Why CAPTCHA - its so annoying

Post by till » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:07 am

I rather do the CAPTCHA than reading spam postings here.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

MC

Post by MC » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:41 am

till wrote:I rather do the CAPTCHA than reading spam postings here.
Same here
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:23 am

I think they're on to us...
(Click gif to animate it.)
Attachments
CAPTCHA Robot_ani.gif
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:19 pm

haha...!

khagushpoya

Post by khagushpoya » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:56 am

_DemonDan_ wrote:I think they're on to us...
(Click gif to animate it.)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Just a novice Guitarist & Blogger https://www.factsoutloud.com/

mrteethcentury21

Post by mrteethcentury21 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:19 pm

Analog Prophet wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:29 am Why that silly CAPTCHA when posting at the forum nowadays? It’s so annoying and kills a joyful and creative discussion of a subject. Too frequently I miss details of the pictures and have to redo it over and over again - absolutly annoying :cry: Please, get rid of that moment!.

Yes, I’m aware of protection, but to screen off too much will hold back even good things. At least, make the process more simple.

... or perhaps it’s just me, but it makes it hard to me to be forced to play silly games - I hate games! But I love Moog instruments and to be able to talk about and discuss such things, to be helpful and answer questions as well as ask for help. The annoying CAPTCHA game holds that joy back...
Another annoying thing is when you are new you have to approved by the moderator