1.04 Bugs

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
pitchdrifter

1.04 Bugs

Post by pitchdrifter » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:29 am

First and foremost I'm having issues with the volume bug:
  • Main outs 1/2 have a low signal to noise ratio and a low output despite master being set to 100%.
  • outs 3/4 output the signal that's supposed to go on 1/2, but super hot and overdriven.
Is there a workaround? I'd like to start using the One properly.

Iaamusic

Re: 1.04 Bugs

Post by Iaamusic » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:15 pm

That sounds very odd. I’m updating the one shortly will check this out.

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:15 pm

Just installed 1.0.4 - No output issues that I can tell. Have you rolled back to 1.0.3 to see if it is still present there??

So far the update has gone well and the new stereo chorus is a revelation on pads!!!

Ian

TabbyCatte

Post by TabbyCatte » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:43 am

Iaamusic wrote:
[...] and the new stereo chorus is a revelation on pads!!!
SERIOUSLY

pitchdrifter

Post by pitchdrifter » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:32 am

Iaamusic wrote:Just installed 1.0.4 - No output issues that I can tell. Have you rolled back to 1.0.3 to see if it is still present there??

So far the update has gone well and the new stereo chorus is a revelation on pads!!!

Ian
Right, the 1/2 vs 3/4 issue was due to a cabling muckup on my part, that also explained the hot level (1/2 was cranked up to 100% which overdrove the 3/4 inputs but naturally didn't affect the 1/2 ins).

And yes, the stereo chorus works absolutely beautifully.

vwizz

Post by vwizz » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:21 pm

Hi, I think I have found an issue with the new stereo effects.
As soon as I use UNISON (just 2 voices) on my patches (even a simple single sawtooth going through SVF in series with ladder), even if I keep VCO1 mixer at a normal level (say 70%), if I activate a synth effect like STEREO CHORUS (eg: rich chorus) I get constant crackling.
I play chords with 5 notes usually and this happens as soon as I play 3 notes simultaneously.

Again, this is on rather quiet sounds with reasonable level.
It seems I have to lower my single VCO level under 60% to get rid of the crackling.
That seems very sensitive since it would be much worse with 3 VCOs on or higher count unison...

Maybe something could be done to make the effect input level less sensitive?

Cheers!
V

vwizz

Post by vwizz » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:02 pm

I tested further and it seems it’s not related to the unison or even the new effects.
If I pick a patch without unison. Say, a single synth with 2 VCOs at relatively high levels (90%), then, if I play 5 or 6 notes chords, I get crackling/ saturation even on the simple chorus/chorus synth effect.

I probably did not notice before because before 1.04 I was not using modulation fx at all...

Now I guess the modulation fx input level is too sensitive and it requires to drastically reduce VCO levels in a way that will just produce huge volume differences between patches.

Cheers

paddy ryan

Post by paddy ryan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:18 pm

I to have noticed the FX causing artifacts.

It seems inconsistent...it may actually be related to some particular patches ...must test some more, but I have definitely made patches where this did not occur

mildwest

Post by mildwest » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:08 pm

vwizz wrote:I tested further and it seems it’s not related to the unison or even the new effects.
If I pick a patch without unison. Say, a single synth with 2 VCOs at relatively high levels (90%), then, if I play 5 or 6 notes chords, I get crackling/ saturation even on the simple chorus/chorus synth effect.

I probably did not notice before because before 1.04 I was not using modulation fx at all...

Now I guess the modulation fx input level is too sensitive and it requires to drastically reduce VCO levels in a way that will just produce huge volume differences between patches.

Cheers
vwizz, I have had this issue prior to 1.0.4 and noticed it on a bunch of factory patches. I would love if you could try these and see if you Find the same issues. I have others test and they don’t have the crackling and popping. Even if I turn the volume way down it’s there. Like you I have to make dramatic changes to the VCOs in the mixer which often negatively alters the sound.

I will provide sound files to what I am hearing:

Mighty Brass Factory Preset: https://soundcloud.com/markwalkerjr/mig ... ne-slow-mw
Laser Controlled Oscillator Preset: https://soundcloud.com/markwalkerjr/moog-one-clicking

For Laser Controlled Oscillator, do the following:
1. Call up preset
2. Turn on Sequencer (as it is not on by default though a sequence is programmed into it) and press play
3. Within a few seconds without even pressing the mod wheel you should get clicks/pops occurring as you hear in my sound clip.
4. If you then hold down the sustain pedal it goes into the full out glitch you hear later in the sound clip.

For Mighty Brass, all You have to do is move the Mod Wheel up to get the clicking and popping you hear in the example happening while holding down a big chord.

I have also discovered this issue on a variety of other presets when using the sustain pedal. The clicking and popping is erratic and happens over time as notes build up. These presets named: Poly Splitter, PolyPop, Tobor Radar Robot, Blather, Bronze Garbage begin to click and pop when the sustain pedal is used and notes begin to stack. I’ve also found others since. Looking forward to seeing what you or others find when testing these factory presets.

SER

Post by SER » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:47 am

I had 2 crashes/reboot since I updated to the 1.0.4.
Both times I tried to load an effect to one of the 3 synths. It freezes and then reboots.

SER

Post by SER » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:25 pm

Is anyone else experiencing crashes/restarts in 1.0.4 ?
I get random reboots (it literally reboots like a normal start up,engines rev and then I'm back at the patch I was before.

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:00 am

Is anyone else experiencing crashes/restarts in 1.0.4
Not had one in 1.0.4.

Are you getting this on a particular preset or initial patch?

bruno_z

Post by bruno_z » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:46 pm

0 crash on 1.0.4 for me.
Multiple small bugs and glitches though.

An annoying one: when 2 or 3 synths are selected, if you try to assign Pad x,y or AT (or any other mod source) to a cutoff freq, it creates the mod for all synths, but actually changes the cutoff of the synths which are not principal along with the mod strength when adjusting the cutoff pot. So you need to readjust the cutoffs after that.

DLove

Post by DLove » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:41 pm

Twice since loading the new firmware the One has rebooted itself showing the Moog icon after selecting presets. Better than than my main issue of losing all voices when selecting a preset on previous firmwares. There is a possibility it just hasn’t happened yet on this one. Fingers still crossed. Awesome beast though.
Dave
Model D Reissue - Source - MP-201 - Theremini - Etherwave.

noisebit

Post by noisebit » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:41 am

Has anybody tried out the vocoder function after updating to 1.0.4? I get no signal on both inputs (line/mic). :cry: