Moog one patches

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
Iaamusic

Moog one patches

Post by Iaamusic » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:10 am

Hi,

I’ve started work on building my own presets, and wondered if I’ve missed the topic for sharing some of these with users who want to do that?

I spent an hour yesterday replicating some Jupiter 8 factory presets and love the results. The One is so flexible with the filter options it can cover many bases.

I find that I’m building sounds from my custom init patches more quickly than altering factory presets it’s amazing really.

Cheers. :D

Ian

till

Re: Moog one patches

Post by till » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:01 am

A Moog Music based patch sharing platform would be great.

I am also starting my sound from a basic patch I made. So I know what is going on. If you start by editing a factory patch, you have to check and delete the modulations often first. And I am starting with no FX added and introduce them in the end. Often I am not storing the sounds without FX switched on. The Moog One does not need to have a thick layer of FX on every sound.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

MWK

Post by MWK » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:46 am

Moog Patch Sharing Platform sounds like a great idea! +1 on that one.

Maybe one day we'll be able to connect to the internet with the network port on the back of the unit and scroll through preset upon preset stored on this platform and be able to play the preset from the cloud before choosing to downloading it to the unit. That would be epic!

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:55 pm

That would be epic!
Indeed it would!
The Moog One does not need to have a thick layer of FX on every sound
I agree, in fact apart from the stereo delay I very rarely use the FX. I would like a Stereo Chorus that sounds as good as the one on my P6 - for pads its a great sweetener.

I've really enjoyed creating lots of Moogy mono sounds too - it really excels at creamy sounds with lots of modulation held back for the performance controls - so a sound starts off Model Dish and then ends up where a Model D could only dream!

Ian

synthguy

Post by synthguy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:07 pm

An easy way to create a useful INIT preset is to press SHIFT and COMPARE together.

This gets you a setup with just Osc 1 enabled (saw core) going through the ladder filter with Modulation and FX off.
It's not perfect, but it's a very quick way to get to a good starting point for new creations.

Someone in one of the groups mentioned his idea that it would be great if you could store your own specially tweaked INIT patch in this location, which I think is a great idea.

I've created my own init presets and stored them, but with several hundred presets currently created and stored in the machine, they're harder to scroll to and find quickly.
To make it a little easier, I've linked several of my favorites to the first couple of buttons in the first performance preset bank. This works pretty well since I don't currently have a pressing need for this feature otherwise yet!

Hpoe you guys are enjoying your ONEs as much as I'm enjoying mine!
Visit my synthblog...Moogs and more!
Www.synthguy.com

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:59 am

I've created my own init presets and stored them, but with several hundred presets currently created and stored in the machine, they're harder to scroll to and find quickly.
To make it a little easier, I've linked several of my favorites to the first couple of buttons in the first performance preset bank
I’ve done this too. 3 basic “init” presets as my start for mono, poly or more complex patches. I’ve also been checking out saving some default modulation settings too.

Would the best way to share presets be via this board and does it support that?

Ian

till

Post by till » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:38 am

Iaamusic wrote:...
I would rather prefer a data bank like approach. This would allow to sort the files (just single ones) by TYP, CATEGORY, MOOD and the uploader name.

Attaching a single sound here in the forum is not allowed. I got this error message: The extension m1p is not allowed.

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

till

Post by till » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:48 am

I just noticed these technical details:

* A USER SPACE is a SQLite format 3 data table. It is exported via USB as a ".m1u" (Moog One user space).
* A single preset is a single table entry exported as a ".m1p" (Moog One preset) file via USB.

Sequence:

SeriousMastering

Post by SeriousMastering » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:50 am

till wrote:
Iaamusic wrote:...
I would rather prefer a data bank like approach. This would allow to sort the files (just single ones) by TYP, CATEGORY, MOOD and the uploader name.

Attaching a single sound here in the forum is not allowed. I got this error message: The extension m1p is not allowed.
You might want to zip the file(s) and try again?

till

Post by till » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:05 am

SeriousMastering wrote:You might want to zip the file(s) and try again?
Attachments
TOM SAWYER DOUBLE VCF TEK.m1p.zip
A single Moog One sound (just uploaded for test purposes)
(18.59 KiB) Downloaded 315 times

Sequence:

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:51 pm

I’ll download later, looking fwd to it given the name!

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:44 am

Works perfectly Till! Nice.
I’m going to post a couple later.

Ian

till

Post by till » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:25 am

I am working on an upload, listing and download page for Moog One users patches. If Moog Music will create such a thing, I will of cause close this, as a Moog pages is the right spot for collecting patches of users for free download (please, Moog team).

I still have to escape characters like: ' " and others from the patch filename and sound comments. And I have to add some checking to the uploaded file to ensure that it is indeed Moog One patch. As the files have not a fixed length as many sysex data sounds, I have to check the content of the file for certain aspects. But else is working fine right now on my web server. URL will be posted here once I added the needed security measures. I will allow uploads only by users that requested the needed upload password from me. But downloading will be open for everyone.

You can sort the uploaded sounds by upload sequence, patch name, type (SINGLE, LAYER, SPLIT, MULTI), category, mood, sound group. The patch notes will be shown too. But the later is the only patch list parameter seen that is not allowed as sort order (as sorting by the alphabetical comment text does not make much sense).

BTW:
I use the parameter sound Group to add my name to the sounds (in contrast to "FACTORY"). So I can always find my sounds by using the preset browser with Group set to my name to find my own sounds. I created an empty user space anyway, as I find many of the partly interesting factory sounds not that useful for my music.
I use the other search files (Type, Category, Mood) for searching sounds by these parameters.

Sequence:

kk1000

Post by kk1000 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:36 am

synthguy wrote:
To make it a little easier, I've linked several of my favorites to the first couple of buttons in the first performance preset bank. This works pretty well since I don't currently have a pressing need for this feature otherwise yet!

Hpoe you guys are enjoying your ONEs as much as I'm enjoying mine!
I’m not sure if it’s allowed but perhaps you can set up a new category named “Init Patches”?

till

Post by till » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:11 am

kk1000 wrote:...
I’m not sure if it’s allowed but perhaps you can set up a new category named “Init Patches”?
You can add new name tags to CATEGORY, MOOD, and GROUP. OK, MOOD won't be the right choice here.

Sequence: