Moog One FEATURE Requests

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
vulcan666

Re: Moog One FEATURE Requests

Post by vulcan666 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:54 am

crkcat wrote:Hello,

I wish that the Moog One had MIDI Local modes on/off in order to use it as a master keyboard for other synths. Did i overlook that? Is this planned?

Thanks!
C.
To suppress sound generation, turn out the "On" light in "Keyboard Control" for each of the three synths. For the MIDI events to be sent out, though, you have to go into Settings | MIDI I/O. Set the appropriate MIDI OUT PORTS. For me, setting MIDI OUT PORTS to "DIN & USB", MIDI OUT ROUTE to "ALL SYNTHS" and MIDI OUT CHANNEL ALL to "1" sent my keyboard signal. The only change I had to make (beside turning sound generation off) was to change MIDI OUT CHANNEL ALL from its default "OFF" to "1".

EDIT: I'm running 1.0.3 OS.
Last edited by vulcan666 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All the apps, Etherwave Plus, Moog One

vulcan666

Post by vulcan666 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:01 am

A feature I LOVE is found in Pianoteq v6. When I just play or noodle around, Pianoteq makes MIDI recordings of all relevant data and just keeps it around. I can browse back for however long I like (I have mine set to keep a billion years' worth) and see a list of date/time stamps along with the number of notes played. Then i can hear it played back for me, and I can export it as a standard MIDI file.

MIDI data is small, and the UX for this could be small as well.I should think the data would be stored in the user space, but be saveable and exportable to USB. I don't need the One to be a full-fledged MIDI sequencer. Think Notepad rather than Microsoft Word. :D
All the apps, Etherwave Plus, Moog One

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:18 pm

Moog One Light Show Timer

Moog One Light Show engages after keyboard/panel is left untouched for a specified number of minutes.

1, 5, 10, 30, and 60 minutes would be fine.

Obviously, touching anything on One would halt the Light Show.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

MC

Post by MC » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:33 am

_DemonDan_ wrote:Moog One Light Show Timer

Moog One Light Show engages after keyboard/panel is left untouched for a specified number of minutes.

1, 5, 10, 30, and 60 minutes would be fine.

Obviously, touching anything on One would halt the Light Show.
Cool 8)

Years ago I gigged my Memorymoog (brave, I know) and during breaks I would turn on the light show on the MM. When people walked into the bar it really turned heads.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

kk1000

Post by kk1000 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:24 am

I was wondering if you might enable the shift key to allow for fine editing of the Master Tempo? It’s a PITA to nail down a precise number as it is now. 2 microns in either direction and you’ve gone past your target Gracias!

PhilAiken

Post by PhilAiken » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:21 pm

Global Mono setting, a la the DSI instruments. As of now if you havepatches with stereo spread that you wish to use in mono, you need to edit them and maintain separate versions.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:35 am

kk1000 wrote:I was wondering if you might enable the shift key to allow for fine editing of the Master Tempo. It’s a PITA to nail down a precise number as it is now. 2 microns in either direction and you’ve gone past your target. Gracias!
Hi kk1000,

I just now used your wireless Ethernet connection to add this feature to your One.

Try holding SHIFT while pressing either the + or - buttons (next to the MASTER TEMPO knob) and you'll see that you can now finely Increment and Decrement the Tempo.

(Just be sure that Nudge Mode is set to Increment in the Master Clock MORE page.)

mildwest

Post by mildwest » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:53 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:
kk1000 wrote:I was wondering if you might enable the shift key to allow for fine editing of the Master Tempo. It’s a PITA to nail down a precise number as it is now. 2 microns in either direction and you’ve gone past your target. Gracias!
Hi kk1000,

I just now used your wireless Ethernet connection to add this feature to your One.

Try holding SHIFT while pressing either the + or - buttons (next to the MASTER TEMPO knob) and you'll see that you can now finely Increment and Decrement the Tempo.

(Just be sure that Nudge Mode is set to Increment in the Master Clock MORE page.)
Dan,

Can shift also be used to fine tune the deeper functions exposed on the main screen with the more buttons, fix, etc. seems hard to dial those in otherwise. Traveling this week so not near my One right now to test. This would be hugely helpful to dial in exacts. Which I have found to be difficult.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:34 am

mildwest wrote:Can shift also be used to fine tune the deeper functions exposed on the main screen with the more buttons, fix, etc. seems hard to dial those in otherwise. Traveling this week so not near my One right now to test. This would be hugely helpful to dial in exacts. Which I have found to be difficult.
Hi mildwest,

Moog One keeps evolving, so it's never safe to say anything definitively.

And, like yours, my One is at home. But I'll take a chance and say that I believe that no "hard knobs" are affected by holding SHIFT while using them. Only the four soft knobs under the main display are put into Fine Mode via SHIFT.

I'm more than happy to be corrected if anyone, in front of their One, finds otherwise:-)

Remember to try both ways of using SHIFT for Fine Mode:

Hold SHIFT + turn a Soft Knob = One-shot Fine Mode.
SHIFT LED goes out after you release the SHIFT button.

Tap SHIFT button and release = Constant Fine Mode
SHIFT LED (and Fine Mode) stays on until SHIFT button is tapped again.

mildwest

Post by mildwest » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:24 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:
mildwest wrote:Can shift also be used to fine tune the deeper functions exposed on the main screen with the more buttons, fix, etc. seems hard to dial those in otherwise. Traveling this week so not near my One right now to test. This would be hugely helpful to dial in exacts. Which I have found to be difficult.
Hi mildwest,

Moog One keeps evolving, so it's never safe to say anything definitively.

And, like yours, my One is at home. But I'll take a chance and say that I believe that no "hard knobs" are affected by holding SHIFT while using them. Only the four soft knobs under the main display are put into Fine Mode via SHIFT.

I'm more than happy to be corrected if anyone, in front of their One, finds otherwise:-)

Remember to try both ways of using SHIFT for Fine Mode:

Hold SHIFT + turn a Soft Knob = One-shot Fine Mode.
SHIFT LED goes out after you release the SHIFT button.

Tap SHIFT button and release = Constant Fine Mode
SHIFT LED (and Fine Mode) stays on until SHIFT button is tapped again.
Perfect. I was referring to the soft knobs. Will try tomorrow night when I get home.

kk1000

Post by kk1000 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:56 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:
Hi kk1000,

Duh... I never saw the damn +- buttons. I’m saying to myself “ok, wait... he somehow figured out which MO was mine, invented wireless Ethernet, effected the change to my machine even though it was powered down...”
Now that’s customer service!!

Euxine

Post by Euxine » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:45 am

+1 on simpler means for spread per voice.

- EXPERT mode where standard envelope routing is disabled, potentially other hard routings that don't relate to a fixed panel control?

- Calibration!! I consider this a bug. Pitch never really stabilises on my one, and doubtful that a meaningful calibration can take place on power up because the thing isn't warm yet. Also getting pitch warble on one voice; which is concerning.

- Save envelope (+ other) MORE setting presets; this would save heaps of time by helping build up by synth block rather than individual controls each time.

Also agree that settable pre/post filt insert point would be super, but realise that would mean mono inserts even if it were possible.

jmcecil

Post by jmcecil » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:05 pm

Euxine wrote: - EXPERT mode where standard envelope routing is disabled, potentially other hard routings that don't relate to a fixed panel control?
THe hard routings are only as fixed as you decide they are. Just don't turn up the amount at the target. You can do as you wish in the matrix to set the routing of any EG, LFO etc. I know a large number of the presets I've come up with repurpose the LFOs completely. I also tend to use the Filter EG as a rhythmic LFO (loop) going to multiple things that I want to have syncopation. And sometimes that isn't the filter.

TonyPlaysB@ss13

Post by TonyPlaysB@ss13 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:32 am

Feature Request: Effects

Hello! I am blown away by just how insanely vast and versatile the Moog One is in capabilities and rich sound. It is nothing short of majestic. Having onboard effects really opens up a whole new world of sonic possibilities. And they sound fantastic! I did have a few ideas that I think could be interesting and useful concerning effects. I am currently operating the most recent Firmware v1.0.3.

1. A parameter option to fade in and/or out or delay the onset of any effect with variable time like the LFO’s have. That could be very dynamic.

2. Trails. Having an option to turn on or off trails for delays/reverbs when they are disabled.

3. Controlling assignable effect parameters with the assignable CV in/out or expression pedal in via a foot controller/expression pedal would be very helpful. Similarly, being able to engage the FREEZE function via foot controller would be super useful.

4. When in DUAL MONO mode in the MASTER EFFECTS buss it would be amazing to have the option of disabling or engaging just one of the two effects. Instead of just having the option of pressing the ON/OFF on the MASTER EFFECT and affecting both effects, having the ability to disable or engage just EFFECT 1 or EFFECT 2 via the parameter screen for either effect by pressing the right most SOFT BUTTON on the CENTER CONSOLE (currently not assigned a function when in the EFFECT PARAMETER screen for MASTER EFFECTS) would be incredibly useful.

5. Would it be possible to add effects? Such as a reverse delay akin to the Boss DD-5 or EarthQuaker Devices Avalanche Run (specifically the reverse setting on each). This, especially in stereo, would be outrageously cool. Hearing the delay signal as a reverse of the dry. Or like call and response between forwards and reverse delay signal. Or being able to pan the reverse delay between forwards and reverse. Leslie? In stereo? Similar to the Strymon Lex or Leslie Digital Leslie Pedal. Maybe?

Just some crazy thoughts and ideas. Thanks Moog, you guys built a beast and are the best.
I like bass, synths and FX. Food is good too.

bobfamiliar

Post by bobfamiliar » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:10 pm

I would like the ability to send and receive clock via CV for integration with eurorack systems.
Bob Familiar