HARDWARE DISCONNECTED - SIRIN

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
voidwave

HARDWARE DISCONNECTED - SIRIN

Post by voidwave » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:10 pm

It seems the dreaded HARDWARE DISCONNECTED error that plagued the Minitaur is present in the Sirin and there is no new firmware beyond 1.0.0 to fix it. I have both Minitaur and Sirin and the Minitaur works fine with the Minitaur Editor but the Sirin only displays the error in the Sirin Editor no matter what I try. I can see the Sirin connected to my MacBook Pro in the Audio MIDI Setup and in System Information.

What a bummer. I guess it goes back on the shelf until a firmware fix is available.

MC

Re: HARDWARE DISCONNECTED - SIRIN

Post by MC » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:13 pm

Not sure this helps, but I had to use a different USB port on my MBP with my Minitaur. For some reason the editor won't work with certain ports. Nothing wrong with either port as my USB thumbdrive works in both. Checked system config and both are the same and operational.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

jupiter

Post by jupiter » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:43 pm

Try to remove all Sirin entries from Audio and Midi Setup, change USB port, restart your MBP and power Sirin off/on. Then select the Sirin ports on the editor's setup page. I think it should work.

elcubismo

Post by elcubismo » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:34 pm

This happened to me once, ironically right after seeing your post and thinking you were crazy.

What worked for me was powering up the Sirin and connecting USB first, then opening up my DAW (FL Studio 20) and queuing up an instance of the VST.

Also I think there may be some merit to USB port choice: some ports may not power the connection sufficiently for some purposes: for example, the more "convenient" ports at the front of my computer are more fickle than the ones in the back.