Mother 32 - Does anyone know what is P4 connector for ?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
Lrk

Mother 32 - Does anyone know what is P4 connector for ?

Post by Lrk » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:47 pm

Hi,

does anyone know what is P4 rear connector for on the mother 32 ?

Thx

muleskinner

Re: Mother 32 - Does anyone know what is P4 connector for ?

Post by muleskinner » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:58 am

I don't know what you're talking about - all mine has on the back are an audio out and a power socket!
Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

Lrk

Post by Lrk » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:09 pm

The P4 connector is on the mother32 motherboard not on the outer case (you have to unscrew it to see it)
IMG_4293.jpg

Lrk

Post by Lrk » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:33 am

Nobody know what it is ?

khusboo

Post by khusboo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:04 am

What this means is that the PSUs you are looking at are not going to work. They are unlikely to conform to ATX 2.0, and not only do they not have the ATX12V connector, but they max out at around 160W which is almost half of the minimum needed for a board (and CPU) like this.

You are going to have to either contact the manufacturer of the case to ask them about compatible PSUs (I notice a conspicuous lack of power information on the site) or else perform a case mod to find a way to fit in or connect to a typical desktop PSU electrical engineering.

Also, a word of warning: a case that small is almost certain to have heat-dissipation issues (there is also an equally conspicuous lack of cooling information on the site). You will want to ask them about cooling and airflow while you are at it, otherwise, you will need to find a way to make sure it does not overheat (cut more holes in the case?).

Lrk

Post by Lrk » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:05 pm

khusboo wrote:What this means is that the PSUs you are looking at are not going to work. They are unlikely to conform to ATX 2.0, and not only do they not have the ATX12V connector, but they max out at around 160W which is almost half of the minimum needed for a board (and CPU) like this.

You are going to have to either contact the manufacturer of the case to ask them about compatible PSUs (I notice a conspicuous lack of power information on the site) or else perform a case mod to find a way to fit in or connect to a typical desktop PSU electrical engineering.

Also, a word of warning: a case that small is almost certain to have heat-dissipation issues (there is also an equally conspicuous lack of cooling information on the site). You will want to ask them about cooling and airflow while you are at it, otherwise, you will need to find a way to make sure it does not overheat (cut more holes in the case?).
hi khusboo, and thank you for your feedback, but i own the original case, i just disassemble it and figure there is a P4 connector not documented.

i want to know what is it's purpose.

Afturmath

Post by Afturmath » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:27 pm

I am also curious about the function of the P4 connector.

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:54 pm

Most likely it can be for reprogramming the unit using a debugger in case the MIDI In fails
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra