SWITCHED ON MOOG - ANIMATED VR FILM

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
animjeff

SWITCHED ON MOOG - ANIMATED VR FILM

Post by animjeff » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:44 am

Hi folks,
I'd just like to announce we are in preproduction for a 40 minute 360 degree 6K stereoscopic fulldome and VR show celebrating the spirit of the work by W.Carlos and of course Bob Moog. 14 newly produced authentic Moog works - all J.S. Bach. 12 unique 3D animated sequences. To be released in 2020 initially to science centers and planetarium dome cinemas. The experience including a little information on the people, the equipment, concepts of synthesis and more. The project aspires to the fabulous FANTASIA or ALLEGRO NON TROPPO. All work produced on authentic MOOG equipment. Several pieces involving non keyboard instruments and performers of world stature.

The music is being divided up to several folk around the world. Its time consuming and getting the sound within the S-OB period is an art form to itself. Over 2019 there will no doubt be technical and creative issues involving production and I hope to share progress with you, possibly you can assist along the way. This is an indie show. I have a crew of talented animators I worked with worldwide (some from our previous show) ready to roll. Its highly managed outsourcing. In the next week I hope to share an awesome teaser promo on the show and shortly other out first finished VR ready Bach/Moog animated clip.

We are searching for one more Moog guru with access to vintage or new release modular equipment whom might be keen to be involved and or join the brains trust as we reinvent the Carlos sound (with great respect to Wendy) PM us asap thanks.

Hopefully you'll agree this is a worthwhile project, timely and just plain awesome. Ill post some production pics here if you want to see stuff. Please dont redistribute,,, this post is for the passionate people here.

Cheers

Jefferson Skinner
Sydney Australia.
som_LOGOnew.jpg
som_EuropaWIDE___small.jpg
widepromo___small.jpg

Quatschmacher

Re: SWITCHED ON MOOG - ANIMATED VR FILM

Post by Quatschmacher » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:46 pm

Have you been in touch with Will Gregory? If not, I strongly urge that you do so. His group does live performances of the Bach material all on synths.

http://www.willgregorymoogensemble.co.uk