importing sounds into Sub37

Everything Sub.
Deanrijke

importing sounds into Sub37

Post by Deanrijke » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:49 pm

Dear Moogers,

I have a question and I wasn't quite sure if this was posted here before,

Some background information regarding my question:
I got a Moog Subsequent 37 and I play in a band ( bass player ) the band functions in the way that the singer works with producers in the studio and that we ,as the live band members, get the finished product. ( the song ) our job is to make our instruments sound as close as possible to the original.

Question : Is there a way to inport the bass sounds used in the DAW's into my Moog subsequent 37? so that I can save that sound to a preset and then use it live on stage? ( kind of only using the keyboard on the Moog instead of the control pannel and all its knobs. )

And to those who are gonna say : Why in the world did you buy a Moog if this is what I am using it for?
I also use the Moog for other projects where it can truly show what it is made of ;). I can't believe that the Subsequent 37 isn't capable of functioning this way with all its advanced midi options build in.

NOTE: I am far from a technical guy and i never work with midi or laptops to make music at all ( coming from being a bassguitar player ;) ) otherwise my answer to you will probably be : could you explain this in a more simple way to me :P

Anyway, thanks in advance and I look forward to all of your answers!

Chimponaut

Re: importing sounds into Sub37

Post by Chimponaut » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:57 pm

Without hearing what you are trying to emulate, it is impossible to know if the sounds can be created with a Sub 37. What synths were used in the recording? Were they "analogue synths" or sample based? Importing the sounds isn't going to work unless they used a Sub 37 and you can get the preset files they used. Some acts used to sample everything from the studio multi-tracks and put the show together with midi sequencers and a massive array of samplers. Basically like backing tracks with a little more room for spontaneity. That way it sounded exactly like the record in question.
HW: Sub 37 <> Model D (original) <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 Module
<> Prophet Rev2 8V <> Prologue 16 <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Triton Le <> Audient ASP-880
<> RME Raydat

SW: Nuendo

Deanrijke

Re: importing sounds into Sub37

Post by Deanrijke » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:10 am

Hey sorry for the late reply never got a notification.

Yea I am not currently allowed to share any specifics on those songs ( as they aren't out yet ) but for a reference check out Dua Lipa songs. So basically what you are saying is that in the studio the song needed to be recorded using moog sub37 sounds or plugins? and when a sound was created on , for example, a different plugin like MASSIVE then i wouldn't be able to import that into my Sub 37?

could you maybe further explain how that midi sequencers and samplers example u metioned in your reply works? that does sound like something worth looking into.

Thanks so much for your reply!

P.s I hope my reply will be faster but since i get no notifications from Moog I have to probably manually check back